Robert A. Heinlein : in dialogue with his century vol. 1, 1907-1948, learning curve / William H. Patterson, Jr.
Patterson, William H., 1951- (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-7653-1960-9 (v 1)
- 1st ed.
- New York : Tor, 2010
- Engelska 622 s.
- Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988) is widely considered the greatest American science fiction writer of the 20th century. A famous and bestselling author in later life, he started as a navy man and graduate of Annapolis who was forced to retire because of tuberculosis. A left-wing politician in the 1930s, he became one of the sources of Libertarian politics in the USA in his later years. His most famous works include the Future History series (stories and novels collected in The Past Through Tomorrow and continued in later novels), Starship Troopers, Stranger in a Strange Land, and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Given his desire for privacy in the later decades of his life, he was both stranger and more interesting than one could ever have known. This first of two volumes covers Heinlein's life up to the midlife crisis that changed him forever.--From publisher description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Amerikanska författare -- 1900-talet (sao)
- Science fiction -- Authorship. (LCSH)
- Politiska och sociala åsikter (sao)
- Heinlein, Robert Anson, 1907-1988
- Heinlein, Robert A. (Robert Anson), 1907-1988 -- Political and social views.
- PS3515.E288 (LCC)
- 813.54 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit