Commonly asked questions in thermodynamics / Marc J. Assael ... [et al.]
Assael, Marc J.
- ISBN 978-1-4200-8695-9 (pbk)
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2011
- Engelska 346 p.
- "Accurate and clearly explained answers to common questions. Every scientist and engineer encounters problems that may be solved at least in part using the principles of thermodynamics. The importance of thermodynamics is often so fundamental to life that we should all have a fairly detailed understanding of this core field. This clearly written, easy-to-follow guide allows even nonscientists considering use of alternative fuel sources to achieve a solid grounding in thermodynamics. The authors cover topics spanning from energy sources to the environment to climate change. A broad audience of general readers, students, industry professionals, and academic researchers will appreciate the answers found in this book"--
- "Acutely aware that this is especially the case for thermodynamics and thermophysics. The subjects of thermodynamics and thermophysics play a role to some extent in every other discipline of science from the nano-scale to the cosmos and astrophysics with biology and life-sciences on the way. Furthermore, while some aspects of thermodynamics under pin the very fundamentals of these subjects, others parts of thermodynamics impact upon almost every application in engineering. In consequence the range of individuals who may have questions about thermodynamics and its applications encompass most of the world's scientists and engineers at most of the levels of activity from the undergraduate to the research frontier. "--
- Thermodynamics -- Miscellanea (LCSH)
- SCIENCE / Mechanics / Dynamics / Thermodynamics (bisacsh)
- SCIENCE / Physics (bisacsh)
- SCIENCE / Chemistry / Physical & Theoretical (bisacsh)
- QC319 (LCC)
- 536/.7 (DDC)
- Uccc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit