Researching sex and lies in the classroom : allegations of sexual misconduct in schools / Pat Sikes and Heather Piper.
Sikes, Patricia J. (författare)
Piper, Heather. (författare)
- ISBN 978-0-415-48118-2 (pbk)
- London ; Routledge, 2010.
- Engelska xii, 159 p.
- Why we have done this research and written this book -- Immoral panics -- A courageous proposal, but this would be a high risk study : ethics review procedures, risk and censorship -- Truths and stories -- Confused, angry and actually betrayed : it was time to get out -- Timpson versus Regina -- How do you tell teenage children that their father's been -- Accused of sexual abuse?? -- It didn't take long for the rumour mill to start grinding -- Nobody can prove anything for definite -- Endwords.
- "The Anglophone world is gripped by a moral panic centred on child abuse in general and fear of the paedophile in particular. Evidence suggests an alarming rise in the number of false allegations of sexual abuse being made against teachers, and demonstrates that the fallout from being falsely accused is far-reaching and sometimes tragic. Many people in this position cannot sustain family relationships, have breakdowns, and are often unable to return to the classroom when their ordeal is over." "Researching Sex and Lies in the Classroom draws on in-depth qualitative research exploring the experiences, perceptions and consequences for those who have been falsely accused of sexual misconduct with pupils, and for the family members, friends and colleagues affected by or involved in the accusation process. The book also highlights the dilemmas and difficulties the authors themselves have faced researching this field, such as: ethical and methodological concerns over whether or not the teachers had indeed been falsely accused, or were guilty and taking advantage of this project to construct an alternative, innocent identity; the difficulty of obtaining institutional ethical clearance to undertake and publish research which challenges master narratives concerning children and their protection; and the reluctance of funders to support research in controversial and sensitive areas." "Researching Sex and Lies in the Classroom reveals findings which are both informative and shocking. It interrogates the appropriateness of current investigative and judicial procedures and practices, and it raises general questions about the surveillance and control of research and academic voice."--BOOK JACKET.
- Sexuella övergrepp mot barn -- Storbritannien (sao)
- Lärare -- Storbritannien (sao)
- Child sexual abuse by teachers -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
- Teachers -- Professional ethics -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
- Teachers -- Complaints against -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
- Truthfulness and falsehood -- Great Britain. (LCSH)
- Yrkesetik (sao)
- Professional ethics (LCSH)
- LB2844.1.C54 (LCC)
- 371.786 (DDC)
- 5,3 (ssgn)
- DN 2004 (rvk)
- Emm (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit