Beauchamp, Amy Marie.
Lions Gate Home Entertainment.
- London ; Roadshow Entertainment [distributor], 2005.
- Engelska 1 videodisc (ca. 90 min.)
- Rize reveals a groundbreaking dance phenomenon that's exploding on the streets of South Central, Los Angeles. Taking advantage of unprecedented access, this documentary film brings to first light a revolutionary form of artistic expression borne from oppression. The aggressive and visually stunning dance modernizes moves indigenous to African tribal rituals and features mind-blowing, athletic movement sped up to impossible speeds. Rize tracks the fascinating evolution of the dance: we meet Tommy Johnson (Tommy the Clown), who first created the style as a response to the 1992 Rodney King riots and named it "Clowning", as well as the kids who developed the movement into what they now call Krumping. The kids use dance as an alternative to gangs and hustling: they form their own troupes and paint their faces like warriors, meeting to outperform rival gangs of dancers or just to hone their skills.
- Dans -- Kalifornien -- Los Angeles (sao)
- Dance -- California -- Los Angeles. (LCSH)
- Sex in dance -- California -- Los Angeles. (LCSH)
- Youth and violence -- California -- Los Angeles. (LCSH)
- 306.4846 (DDC)
- Ohk:oa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Karlstads universitetsbibliotek (Kd)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Låneexp. DVD 256 EJ FJÄRRLÅN