Outside lies magic : regaining history and awareness in everyday places / John R. Stilgoe.
Stilgoe, John R., 1949- (författare)
- ISBN 0-8027-7563-2
- 1st pbk. ed.
- New York : Walker and Co., 1999, c1998.
- Engelska 187 p.
- "Outside Lies Magic is a book about the acute observation of ordinary things, about becoming aware in everyday places, about seeing in utterly new ways, about enriching your life unexpectedly." "For 21 years John R. Stilgoe has developed and practiced the art of exploring the everyday world around us, where so much lies hidden just beneath the surface, offering uncommon knowledge if we but know what to look for. In this book, Stilgoe inspires us to become explorers on our own - on foot or on bicycle - and by so doing to reap the benefits of escaping, even temporarily, the traps of our programmed lives. From the electrical grid overhead to fences, malls, and main streets, Stilgoe offers a fresh understanding of the links and fractures in our society."--BOOK JACKET.
- Walking -- United States -- Philosophy. (LCSH)
- Cycling -- United States -- Philosophy. (LCSH)
- United States -- Description and travel -- Psychological aspects. (LCSH)
- United States -- History, Local -- Philosophy. (LCSH)
- E169.04.S834 1998 (LCC)
- 973.01St53o2 (DDC)
- Kqa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.