Border and behind-the-border trade barriers and country exports [Elektronisk resurs] / prepared by Azim Sadikov.
Sadikov, Azim M. (författare)
International Monetary Fund. Policy Development and Review Dept.
- Washington, D.C. : International Monetary Fund, Policy Development and Review Dept., 2007.
- Engelska 32 p.
Serie: IMF working paper ; WP/07/292
Läs hela texten (IMF)
- Relaterad länk:
http://www.imf.org/e... (In .pdf format) (Full text)
- How do signatures required for exporting and business registration procedures affect the volume and composition of country's exports? To answer this question, I develop a model where a country can export two types of products: differentiated and homogeneous. I show that export signatures and registration procedures reduce overall exports by increasing transaction costs. The impact, however, varies across goods according to the product's degree of differentiation- the lack of price data on differentiated products due to their heterogeneity makes them more sensitive to export signatures. Regressions show that each extra signature exporters have to collect before a shipment can take place reduces aggregate exports by 4.2 percent. The impact is large, equivalent to raising importer's tariff by 5 percentage points. Furthermore, each signature lowers exports of differentiated products by 4-5 percent more than exports of homogeneous goods. I find evidence that business registration procedures affect exports of differentiated products only.
- Customs administration -- Econometric models. (LCSH)
- Exports -- Econometric models. (LCSH)
- Transaction costs -- Econometric models. (LCSH)
- Business logistics -- Econometric models. (LCSH)
- Commercial policy -- Econometric models. (LCSH)
- Douanes -- Modèles économétriques. (Vedettes-matière)
- Exportations -- Modèles économétriques. (Vedettes-matière)
- Coûts de transaction -- Modèles économétriques. (Vedettes-matière)
- Logistique (Organisation) -- Modèles économétriques. (Vedettes-matière)
- Politique commerciale -- Modèles économétriques. (Vedettes-matière)
- HG3881.5.I58 (LCC)
- 332.152 (DDC)
- Qaed (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit