How old is the Hebrew bible? : a linguistic, textual, and historical study / Ronald Hendel and Jan Joosten.
Hendel, Ronald S. (författare)
Joosten, Jan (författare)
- ISBN 9780300234886
- Publicerad: New Haven : Yale University Press, 
- Engelska xvi, 221 pages
Serie: The Anchor Yale bible reference library
- All things change : language and method -- Kinds and causes of linguistic change -- How to handle linguistic variation -- Textual history and linguistic history -- Inscriptions and preexilic Hebrew literature -- Transitional Biblical Hebrew -- Pseudoclassicism : late Biblical Hebrew and Qumran Hebrew -- Consilience and cultural history : the ages of Biblical literature.
- The age of the Hebrew Bible is a topic that has sparked controversy and debate in recent years. The scarcity of clear evidence allows for the possibility of many views, though these are often clouded by theological and political biases. This impressive, broad-ranging book synthesizes recent linguistic, textual, and historical research to clarify the history of biblical literature, from its oldest texts and literary layers to its youngest. In clear, concise language, the authors provide a comprehensive overview that cuts across scholarly specialties to create a new standard for the historical study of the Bible. This much-needed work paves the path forward to dating the Hebrew Bible and understanding crucial aspects of its historical and contemporary significance.
- Biblisk hebreiska (sao)
- Hebrew language -- History. (LCSH)
- Hebrew language. (fast)
- Hebrew language (LCSH)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- History. (fast)
- Bible. Old Testament -- Language, style.
- Bible. Old Testament -- History.
- Bible. Old Testament -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. Old Testament.
- BS537 (LCC)
- 221 (DDC)
- Cba (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit