Theological themes of psalms : the theology of the Book of Psalms / by Robert D. Bell.
Bell, Robert D., 1942- (author.)
- ISBN 9781532654169
- Publicerad: Eugene, Oregon : Wipf & Stock, 
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska xix, 328 pages
- Speech -- Instruction -- Wisdom -- Creation -- Blessing -- Greatness -- Holiness -- Wrath -- Justice -- Compassion -- Love & faithfulness -- Protection -- Pride -- The wicked -- The enemies -- Punishment -- Impreciation -- Afflication -- Prayer -- Redemption -- Hope -- The righteous -- Joy -- Praise -- Worship -- Life -- Sovereignty.
- "The pastor who seeks to preach expositionally through Psalms faces a daunting task, for the sermon series would take several years to complete and many of the sermons would seem repetitious because of similar psalms. To respond to this challenge the author has used the book theology method to analyze the Book of Psalms into twenty-eight theological themes, providing the preacher with material for approximately a one-year series on the book. Each chapter includes a list of applicable theological propositions that can be preached or taught to contemporary audiences. Then the chapter concludes by linking the topic to New Testament passages. This monograph contains over seventy tables, mainly charting the Hebrew terms used for a particular theme. Careful textual and exegetical notes provide guidance for translation and interpretation of many verses. Furthermore, relevant Hebrew word studies inform theological understanding. Backing up the analysis are numerous references to Psalm commentaries, both classical and contemporary." -- Back cover.
- Theology. (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Sermons. (fast)
- Bible. Psalms -- Theology.
- Bible. Psalms -- Liturgical use.
- Bible. Psalms -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. Psalms -- Sermons.
- Bible. Psalms.
- BS1430.52 (LCC)
- 223.206 (DDC)
- Ccabb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit