Ypres : great battles / Mark Connelly and Stefan Goebel.
Connelly, Mark (författare)
Goebel, Stefan (författare)
- ISBN 9780198713371
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: Oxford : OUP Oxford, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018.
- Engelska xxviii, 259 pages
- In 1914, Ypres was a sleepy Belgian city admired for its magnificent Gothic architecture. The arrival of the rival armies in October 1914 transformed it into a place known throughout the world, each of the combatants associating the place with it its own particular palette of values and imagery. It is now at the heart of First World War battlefield tourism, with much of its economy devoted to serving the interests of visitors from across the world. The surrounding countryside is dominated by memorials, cemeteries, and museums, many of which were erected in the 1920s and 1930s, but the number of which are being constantly added to as fascination with the region increases.
- Första världskriget 1914-1918 (sao)
- Militära operationer (sao)
- Ypres, 1st Battle of, Ieper, Belgium, 1914. (LCSH)
- Ypres, 2nd Battle of, Ieper, Belgium, 1915. (LCSH)
- Ypres, 3rd Battle of, Ieper, Belgium, 1917. (LCSH)
- Campaigns (LCSH)
- World War, 1914-1918 (LCSH)
- 940.4144 (DDC)
- K.51b (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit