Postdramatic theatre and form / edited by Michael Shane Boyle, Matt Cornish and Brandon Woolf.
Boyle, Michael Shane (redaktör/utgivare)
Cornish, Matt (redaktör/utgivare)
Woolf, Brandon (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781350043169
- Publicerad: London : Methuen drama, 2019
- Engelska xi, 266 sidor
Serie: Methuen drama engage
- Innehåll: Drama: the Szondi connection / Elinor Fuchs -- Text: the director's notebook / Edith Cassiers, Timmy De Laet, Luk Van den Dries -- Space: postdramatic geography in post-collapse Seattle / Jasmine Mahmoud -- Time: unsettling the present / Philip Watkinson -- Body: Tadeusz Kantor and the posthuman stage / Magda Romanska -- Media: intermission / Nicholas Ridout -- Festivals: conventional disruption, or Why Ann Liv Young ruined Rebecca Patek's show / Andrew Friedman -- Galleries: resituating the postdramatic real / Ryan Anthony Hatch -- Process: 'Set writing' in contemporary French theatre / Kate Bredeson -- Choreography: performative dance histories / Yvonne Hardt -- Migration: common and uncommon grounds at Berlin's Gorki theater / Matt Cornish -- Elder care: performing dementia - toward a postdramatic subjectivity / Stanton B. Garner, Jr.
- Postdramatic theatre is an essential category of performance that challenges classical elements of drama, including the centrality of plot and character. Tracking key developments in contemporary European and North American performance, this collection redirects ongoing debates about postdramatic theatre, turning attention to the overlooked issue on which they hinge: form. Contributors draw on literary studies, film studies and critical theory to reimagine the formal aspects of theatre, such as space, media and text. The volume expands how scholars think of theatrical form, insisting that formalist analysis can be useful for studying the ways theatre is produced and consumed, and how theatre makers engage with other forms like dance and visual art. Chapters focus on a range of interdisciplinary artists including Tadeusz Kantor, Ann Liv Young and Ryan Trecartin and Lizzie Fitch, as well as theatre's enmeshment within institutional formations like funding agencies, festivals, real estate and healthcare. A timely investigation of the aesthetic structures and material conditions of contemporary performance, this collection refines what we mean, and what we don't, when we speak of postdramatic theatre
- Teater -- teori, filosofi (sao)
- 792.01 (DDC)
- Ikaa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit