Lesbian Activism in the (Post-)Yugoslav Space Sisterhood and Unity / edited by Bojan Bilić, Marija Radoman.
Bilić, Bojan. (editor.)
Radoman, Marija. (editor.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9783319777542
- Publicerad: Cham : Springer International Publishing : 2019
- Engelska X, 239 p.
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- 1. Introduction Recovering/Rethinking (Post-)Yugoslav Lesbian Activisms; Bojan Bilić -- 2. Yearning for Space, Pleasure, and Knowledge: Autonomous Lesbian and Queer Feminist Organising in Ljubljana; Teja Oblak and Maja Pan -- 3. Cartographies of Fear and Freedom: Lesbian Activists in the First Belgrade and Zagreb Pride Parades: Sanja Kajinić -- 4. Sisterhood beyond Borders: Transnational Aspects of (Post-)Yugoslav Lesbian Activism; Irene Dioli -- 5. Breaking the Silence: Lesbian activism in Macedonia; Irena Cvetkovic -- 6. Searching for a Lesbian Voice: Women’s Non-Heterosexual Activism in Montenegro; Marina Vuković and Paula Petričević -- 7. (In)visible Presences: PitchWise Festival as a Space of Lesbian Belonging in Bosnia and Herzegovina; Adelita Selmić and Bojan Bilić -- 8. Conclusion: Discovering the Lesbian in Us: On Our Ongoing, Never-Ending Struggles; Marija Radoman. .
- This book intertwines academic and activist voices to engage with more than three decades of lesbian activism in the Yugoslav space. The empirically rich contributions uncover a range of lesbian initiatives and the fundamental, but rarely acknowledged, role that lesbian alliances have played in articulating a feminist response to the upsurge of nationalism, widespread violence against women, and high levels of lesbophobia and homophobia in all of the post-Yugoslav states. By offering a distinctly intergenerational and transnational perspective, this collection does not only shed new light on a severely marginalised group of people, but constitutes a pioneering effort in accounting for the intricacies – solidarities, joys, and tensions – of lesbian activist organising in a post-conflict and post-socialist environment. With a plethora of authorial standpoints and innovative methodological approaches, the volume challenges the systematic absence of (post-)Yugoslav lesbian activist enterprises from recent social science scholarship. Lesbian Activism in the (Post-)Yugoslav Space will be of interest to students and scholars across a range of disciplines, including gender studies, history, politics, anthropology, and sociology. .
- Social sciences. (LCSH)
- Social structure. (LCSH)
- Social inequality. (LCSH)
- Social Sciences.
- Gender and Sexuality.
- Social Structure, Social Inequality.
- Politics and Gender.
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Tillgänglig för användare inom Stockholms universitet) (SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings:Full Text)