Reborn on the run : my journey from addiction to ultramarathons / Catra Corbett with Dan England.
Corbett, Catra (author.)
England, Dan (Writer) (author.)
- ISBN 9781510729025
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: New York, NY : Skyhorse Publishing, 
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 216 pages, 16 unnumbered pages of plates
- Blood, blisters, and lots of tears -- One night in jail makes a hard woman crumble -- Daddy's girl -- My first steps -- Disappearing one bite at a time -- Back to school -- Molested -- Learning to be tough on the trail -- Becoming an ultrarunner -- One bite at a time -- Running the race I shared with my father -- The long walk -- On my own -- Yosemite : my second home and a chance at a new life -- On the road to hell with my love -- The John Muir speed record -- Cursing and coasting on the Pacific Crest -- Dodging death in two different ways -- My weiner-sized companions -- A hundred miles, a hundred times -- A run for a lifetime -- Another year, thanks to running -- Author's note: My first ultramarathon / by Dan England.
- "Aside from her rock star looks, Catra Corbett is a standout in the running world on her accomplishments alone. Catra is the first American woman to run over one hundred miles or more on more than one hundred occasions and the first to run one hundred and two hundred miles in the Ohlone Wilderness, and she holds the fastest known double time for the 425-miles long John Muir Trail, completing it in twelve days, four hours, and fifty-seven minutes. And, unbelievably, she's also a former meth addict. After two years of addiction, Catra is busted while selling, and a night in jail is enough to set her straight. She gives up drugs and moves back home with her mother, abandoning her friends, her boyfriend, and the lifestyle that she came to depend on. Her only clean friend pushes her to train for a 10K with him, and surprisingly, she likes it?and decides to run her first marathon after that. In Reborn on the Run, the reader keeps pace with Catra as she runs through difficult terrain and extreme weather, is stalked by animals in the wilderness, and nearly dies on a training run but continues on, smashing running records and becoming one of the world's best ultrarunners. Along the way she attempts suicide, loses loved ones, falls in love, has her heartbroken, meets lifelong friends including her running partner and dachshund TruMan, and finally faces the past that led to her addiction." --Publisher's description.
- Narkomaner (sao)
- Löpare (sao)
- Long-distance runners -- United States -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Ex-drug addicts -- United States -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Runners (Sports) (LCSH)
- Drug addicts (LCSH)
- United States. (fast)
- Förenta staterna
- Självbiografier (saogf)
- Biography. (fast)
- Corbett, Catra.
- 362.299092 (DDC)
- Rbz Corbett, Catra (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit