Teaching public health / edited by Lisa M. Sulivan and Sandro Galea.
Sullivan, Lisa M. (Lisa Marie), 1961- (redaktör/utgivare)
Galea, Sandro (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781421429809
- Publicerad: Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xiii, 338 pages
- Part I: the past and the present -- 1. The evolution of public health teaching -- 2. The current state of public health education -- 3. A conceptual orientation to public health teaching -- Part II: the public health teaching continuum -- 4. Activating public health learning for adolescents and young adults -- 5. Undergraduate education in public health -- 6. Community colleges and public health: building the continuum of public health education -- 7. Master of public health education -- 8. The DrPH degree in contemporary public health education -- 9. Lifelong learning -- 10. Interprofessional education -- Part III: innovation in public health teaching -- 11. Public health course design -- 12. Engaging the public health student through active and collaborative learning -- 13. Teaching cultural competency for twenty-first-century public health practice -- 14. Teaching in a diverse classroom: a student-centered approach -- 15. Innovative active learning in public health -- 16. Practice-based teaching in public health -- 17. Teaching public health by the case method -- 18. Group-based service learning teaching approaches -- 19. Effective collaborative learning experiences -- 20. Navigating difficult conversations in public health classrooms -- 21. Public health education and service learning -- 22. Technology in teaching -- 23. Teaching support, training, and supporting -- 24. Innovations in evaluating and valuing publich health teaching: the challenges of course evaluations -- Part IV: the present and the future -- 25. Responding interprofessionally to a complex world: the impact on public health education and workforce -- 26. Envisioning a future for public health education across the life course.
- Aimed at experienced and new teachers alike, this timely volume is a cutting-edge primer on teaching public health around the globe. Bringing together leaders in the field with expertise across the educational continuum, the book combines the conceptual underpinnings needed to advance curricula with the resources to train and support faculty in innovative teaching methods. This thorough book• discusses challenges faced by public health teachers• examines the principles and practices for teaching at each level of study• describes technological and pedagogical innovations in public health education• stresses the importance of life-long learning and interprofessional education• offers concrete tips for engaging students through active and collaborative learning• focuses on teaching cultural competency and reaching diverse student populations• looks to the future, building on emerging trends and anticipating where the field is headedA field-defining volume, Teaching Public Health offers a concrete plan to ensure that both individual courses and overall curricula are responsive to the needs of a rapidly changing student body and the world beyond the school. - back cover.
- Folkhälsa (sao)
- Public health -- Study and teaching. (LCSH)
- Curriculum. (MeSH)
- Public Health -- education. (MeSH)
- Education, Public Health Professional -- methods. (MeSH)
- Public health -- Study and teaching. (fast)
- Public health (LCSH)
- RA440 (LCC)
- WA 18 (NLM)
- 362.1071 (DDC)
- Vp (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Linnéuniversitetet, Universitetsbiblioteket Kalmar (LnuK)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: 362.1 Teaching