Footprints of the dance : an early seventeenth-century dance master's notebook / by Jennifer Nevile.
Nevile, Jennifer (author.)
- ISBN 9789004361799
- Publicerad: Leiden ; Brill, 
- Engelska xii, 285 pages
Serie: Drama and theatre in early modern Europe ; volume 8 8.
- A dance master's notebook -- Dance in early modern Europe -- Ballet plots, dance figures and fireworks -- Dance teaching, schools and pupils -- Danced combat and the pike exhibition -- Dance music, dance songs and airs de cour.
- "Footprints of the Dance: An Early Seventeenth-Century Dance Master's Notebook by Jennifer Nevile provides new, fascinating and detailed information on the life of an early seventeenth-century dance master in Brussels. The dance master's handwritten notebook contains unique material: a canon of dance figures and instructions for an exhibition with a pike, as well as signatures and general descriptions of his students, ballet plots and music associated with dancing. Reproduced for the first time are facsimile images of all the dance-related material, with transcriptions and translations of the ballet plots and instructions for the pike exhibition. The dance master is revealed as an active choreographer and performer, with strong ties to the French court musical establishment, and interested in fireworks and alchemy"--
- Dance -- Belgium -- Brussels -- History -- 17th century. (LCSH)
- Dance -- Belgium -- Brussels -- History -- 17th century -- Sources. (LCSH)
- Dance. (fast)
- Dance -- Study and teaching. (fast)
- Belgium -- Brussels. (fast)
- 1600-1699 (fast)
- History. (fast)
- GV1660.B77 (LCC)
- 792.809493/32 (DDC)
- Iky (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Kungliga biblioteket (S)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: ORDER 190311/adlib BESTÄLLD