Screening trafficking : prudent and perilous / Yana Hashamova.
Hashamova, Yana (författare)
- ISBN 9789633862124
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: Budapest, Hungary ; Central European University Press, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska xiv, 175 pages, 18 unnumbered pages of plates
- Introduction -- Part one. The viewer. Social, political, and cultural conditions affecting trafficking and its perception -- NGO prevention campaigns and their audiences -- Cross-cultural discussion of attitudes toward trafficking -- Part two. The representation. Western feature films and media -- East European feature films and NGO media -- Trauma : screening violence and the "viewer-witness" -- Afterword.
- "The book examines film and media representations of the social, political, and economic issue of human trafficking, one of the most dramatic challenges of today's globalized world. Hashamova productively combines fieldwork in NGOs in southeastern Europe, social science data, and the analysis of Western and East European anti-trafficking films and media, and their reception in the United States and the Balkans. Her book identifies a disconnect between the global flow of trafficking images and their local comprehension. The critical analysis of documentaries, feature films, video clips, and NGOs' media materials and the responses they elicit from spectators reveals the flaws of these products and the ideological structures present both in them and in their audiences."--Dust jacket.
- Human trafficking. (LCSH)
- Human trafficking. (fast)
- Trafficking (sfit)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Society in films
- PN1995.9.H833 (LCC)
- 791.43/6556 (DDC)
- Imbad (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit