Righteous gentiles : religion, identity, and myth in John Hagee's Christians United for Israel / by Sean Durbin.
Durbin, Sean (författare)
- ISBN 9789004384958
- Publicerad: Leiden ; Brill, 
- Engelska ix, 264 pages
Serie: Studies in critical research on religion ; volume 9 v. 9.
- In Righteous Gentiles: Religion, Identity, and Myth in John Hagee's Christians United for Israel, Sean Durbin offers a critical analysis of America's largest Pro-Israel organization, Christians United for Israel, along with its critics and collaborators. Although many observers focus Christian Zionism's influence on American foreign policy, or whether or not Christian Zionism is `truly' religious, Righteous Gentiles takes a different approach. 0Through his creative and critical analysis of Christian Zionists' rhetoric and mythmaking strategies, Durbin demonstrates how they represent their identities and political activities as authentically religious. At the same time, Durbin examines the role that Jews and the state of Israel have as vehicles or empty signifiers through which Christian Zionist truth claims are represented as manifestly real.
- Kristen sionism (sao)
- Religion och politik (sao)
- Israel (Christian theology) (LCSH)
- Christian Zionism -- United States. (LCSH)
- Religion and politics -- United States. (LCSH)
- Religion and politics (LCSH)
- Christian Zionism (LCSH)
- Israel -- Foreign public opinion, American. (LCSH)
- Förenta staterna
- Hagee, John
- Christians United for Israel.
- 320.54095694088270973 (DDC)
- Ocgac (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit