Great powers and US foreign policy towards Africa / Stephen M. Magu.
Magu, Stephen M. (author.)
- ISBN 3319940953
- Publicerad: [Cham, Switzerland] : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xiii, 196 pages
- Introduction -- Order (and disorder) in world order -- Great powers, international order and stability: transformation? -- A brief history of US-Africa relations: to 1990 -- Post-colonialism, Europe and Africa: changing policyscapes -- Detour: the BRICs and new directions in Africa foreign policy -- Tunnel's end: a light, or an oncoming train? US-Africa foreign policy since 2000 -- Great powers and US foreign policy towards Africa.
- "This book addresses one main question: whether the United States has a cohesive foreign policy for Africa. In assessing the history of the United States and its interactions with the continent, particularly with the Horn of Africa, the author casts doubt on whether successive US administrations had a cohesive foreign policy for Africa. The volume examines the historical interactions between the US and the continent, evaluates the US involvement in Africa through foreign policy lenses, and compares foreign policy preferences and strategies of other European, EU and BRIC countries towards Africa"--Back cover.
- Diplomatic relations. (fast)
- United States -- Foreign relations -- Africa. (LCSH)
- Africa -- Foreign relations -- United States. (LCSH)
- Africa -- Foreign relations. (LCSH)
- Africa. (fast)
- United States. (fast)
- DT38 (LCC)
- 327.7306 (DDC)
- Ob (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit