Hardcore horror cinema in the 21st century : production, marketing and consumption / James Aston.
Aston, James, 1973- (författare)
- ISBN 9781476668888
- Publicerad: Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc. 
- Engelska vii, 232 pages
- Introduction: beyond videodrome: an archaeology of 21st-century hardcore horror -- "Not like how Hollywood shows us": a definition of hardcore horror in the 21st century -- The genealogy of extremity in North American film -- Global currents of extreme horror -- "A malignant, seething ": the films of hardcore horror in the 21st century -- The realist aesthetic of hardcore horror -- "These movies have brought me many problems": performance and the traumatized self within hardcore horror -- Hardcore horror production: an interview with amateur porn star killer director Shane Ryan -- "I'll pay you in cash to slip this thread into the purge": navigating fandom in hardcore horror -- Conclusion: "it has no redeeming features whatsoever that I could discern": the cultural value of hardcore horror.
- "The first of its kind, this study examines the exemplars of hardcore horror. The author begins with a definition and critical overview of this marginalized subgenre before exploring its key aesthetic convention, the pursuit of realist horror. Production practices, exhibition and marketing strategies are discussed in an in-depth interview with filmmaker Shane Ryan"--Provided by publisher.
- Splatter films -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Horror films -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- PN1995.9.S66955 (LCC)
- 791.43/6164 (DDC)
- Imbae (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit