Boström, Mattias: Från Holmes till Sherlock.
The life and death of Sherlock Holmes / Mattias Boström ; translated from the Swedish by Michael Gallagher.
Boström, Mattias, 1971- (författare)
Gallagher, Michael, 1978- (översättare)
- ISBN 9781784977733
- Publicerad: London : A Mysterious Press Book for Head of Zeus, 2017
- Engelska 597 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates
- Everybody knows about Sherlock Holmes, the unique literary character created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who has remained popular over the decades and is more appreciated than ever today. But what made this fictional character, dreamed up by a small-town English doctor back in the 1880s, into such a great success? This is the fascinating and exciting tale of the man and people who created the Holmes legend. It is also the tragic story of an author who tried to escape from his own invention and the inheritance that ruined a family dynasty. The book also charts the unexpected fortune and success of the actors, writers and readers who, over the decades, have recreated and renewed the idea of this most-famous of all detectives: from the gentleman amateur of the 1890s to the odd genius of Sherlock today. It has also been translated from Swedish into German.
- Detective and mystery stories, English -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930 -- Characters -- Sherlock Holmes.
- Holmes, Sherlock (fiktiv gestalt)
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir, 1859-1930
- 823.8 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit