A man attested by God : the human Jesus of the synoptic gospels / J.R. Daniel Kirk.
Kirk, J. R. Daniel (author.)
- ISBN 9780802876386
- Publicerad: Grand Rapids, Michigan : William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company, 
- Copyright: ©2016
- Engelska xvii, 638 pages
- 1. Idealized Human Figures in Early Judaism -- A. Adam as Past and Future -- B. Moses and the Prophets -- C. Kings in Worship and Rule -- D. Priests of Divinity -- E. The Son of Man -- F. The Community of the Elect -- G. Conclusions: Idealized Human Figures and the Identity of God -- 2. Son of God as Human King -- A. Son of God as Human King in Mark -- B. Son of God, Son of David, Son of Adam in Luke -- C. Son of God in Matthew -- D. Conclusions: Son of God as Idealized Human King -- 3. Son of Man as the Human One -- A. Narrative Unity of the Son of Man Sayings in Mark -- B. The Son of Man in Mark's Narrative Arc -- C. The Son of Man Outside Mark -- D. The Human One: Son of Man as Son of Adam -- E. Conclusion: Son of Man as the Human One -- 4. Messiah Born and Raised -- A. God with Us: Matthew's Christ in Birth and Resurrection -- B. The Son of David: Jesus in Luke's Birth and Resurrection Narrative -- C. Conclusion: Messiah Born and Raised -- 5. Lord of All Creation -- A. Exorcisms -- B. Nature Miracles -- C. Healing Hands -- D. Conclusions: Human Agent of Divine Power -- 6. Jesus and the Scriptures of Israel -- A. Mark -- B. Matthew -- C. Luke -- D. Conclusions: Messianic Hermeneutics -- Conclusions: A Man Attested by God -- A. Jesus as Idealized Human Figure in the Synoptic Gospels -- B. The Stories of Jesus in Matthew, Mark, and Luke -- C. Human Christology and Jesus's Followers -- D. Locating Jesus in the Biblical Narrative.
- This book by J.R. Daniel Kirk presents a comprehensive defense of the thesis that the Synoptic Gospels present Jesus not as divine but as an idealized human figure. Counterbalancing the recent trend toward early high Christology in such scholars as Richard Bauckham, Simon Gathercole, and Richard Hays, Kirk thoroughly unpacks the humanity of Jesus as understood by the Gospel writers whose language is rooted in the religious and literary context of early Judaism. Without dismissing divine Christologies out of hand, Kirk argues that idealized human Christology is the best way to read the Synoptic Gospels, and he explores Jesus as exorcist and miracle worker within the framework of his humanity. With wide-ranging exegetical and theological insight that sheds startling new light on familiar Gospel texts, A Man Attested by God offers up-to-date, provocative scholarship that will have to be reckoned with. - from book flap.
- Synoptiska problemet (sao)
- Synoptic problem. (LCSH)
- Synoptic problem (LCSH)
- Jesus Christ.
- BS2555.52 (LCC)
- 232.8 (DDC)
- Ceab (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit