Portraits of Jesus in the Gospel of John : a Christological spectrum / edited by Craig R. Koester.
Koester, Craig R., 1953- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9780567675125
- Publicerad: London, UK ; T&T Clark, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 2019
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska ix, 190 pages
Serie: Library of New Testament studies, 2513-8790 ; volume 589
- Portraits of Jesus in the gospel of John : a spectrum of roles / Craig R. Koester -- The human Jesus in the gospel of John : the Word made flesh / Marianne Meye Thompson -- Jesus the Jew in John's gospel : "Scripture cannot be broken" / Wendy E. S. North -- Jesus the Galilean in the gospel of John : the signifcance of earthly origins in the fourth gospel / Chris Keith -- Jesus the rabbi and teacher in John's gospel : the gift of divine instruction / Craig R. Koester -- Jesus the healer in the fourth gospel : bringing life from God / Graham H. Twelftree -- Jesus the prophet : crossing the boundaries of prophetic beliefs and expectations in the gospel of John / Catrin H. Williams -- Jesus the messiah : conservatism and radicalism in Johannine Christology / Matthew V. Novenson -- Jesus the son of man : apocalyptic interpretations and Johannine Christology / Benjamin E. Reynolds -- Jesus the son of God in John's gospel : the life-making Logos / Alicia D. Myers.
- John's Gospel is best known for its presentation of Jesus as the Word of God made flesh. But as the narrative unfolds, readers discover that the identity of Jesus is surprisingly complex. He is depicted as a teacher, a healer, a prophet, and Messiah. He is Jewish and Galilean, a human being who is Son of Man and Son of God. Portraits of Jesus considers each of these roles in detail, showing how each makes a distinctive contribution to the Gospel's rich mosaic of images for Jesus. John's multifaceted portrait of Jesus draws on a broad spectrum of early Christian traditions. Contributors to this collection of essays explore the ways in which these traditions are both preserved and transformed in the Fourth Gospel. The writers draw us more deeply into the questions of the way in which traditions about Jesus developed in the early church and how the Gospel of John might contribute to our understanding of that dynamic process.
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Jesus Christ -- Person and offices -- Biblical teaching.
- Jesus Christ.
- Bible. John -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. John.
- Bibeln. Johannesevangeliet
- BS2615.52 (LCC)
- 226.506 (DDC)
- Ccbad (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit