Interdisciplinary research : process and theory / Allen F. Repko, University of Texas at Arlington (Retired), Rick Szostak, University of Alberta, Canada.
Repko, Allen F. (författare)
Szostak, Rick, 1959- (författare)
- ISBN 9781544398600
- Fourth edition.
- Publicerad: Thousand Oaks, California : SAGE Publications, Inc. 
- Copyright: ©2021
- Engelska xxviii, 439 pages
- About interdisciplinary studies and disciplines -- Drawing on disciplinary insights -- Integrating insights.
- "Interdisciplinary Research: Process and Theory offers a comprehensive and systematic presentation of the interdisciplinary research process and the theory that informs it. The authors illustrate each step of the decision-making process by drawing on student and professional work from the natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and applied fields. Designed for active learning and problem-based approaches the Fourth Edition now includes guiding questions to the start of each chapter; expanded discussion of: epistemology; creativity within the interdisciplinary research process; confirmation bias and social media; the philosophy of integration; student work patterns, mapping, finding common ground in different situations, and ethical conflicts; and the importance of students performing independent research while working through this book. Also added is more detail on the strategies associated with several STEPS in the research process; extended advice on how to choose a research question; and discussions of job interviews, policy side-effects, metacognition, understanding scholarship as a conversation, and the importance of persuasion"--
- Tvärvetenskaplig forskning (sao)
- Interdisciplinary research. (LCSH)
- Information theory in research. (LCSH)
- Information theory in research. (fast)
- Interdisciplinary research. (fast)
- Interdisciplinary research (LCSH)
- Q180.55.I48 (LCC)
- 001.4 (DDC)
- Bfa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit