Learning disabilities : from identification to intervention / Jack M. Fletcher, G. Reid Lyon, Lynn S. Fuchs, Marcia A. Barnes.
Fletcher, Jack, 1952- (author.)
Lyon, G. Reid, 1949- (author.)
Fuchs, Lynn (author.)
Barnes, Marcia A., 1958- (author.)
- ISBN 9781462536405
- Second edition.
- Publicerad: New York : The Guilford Press, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska 1 online resource (438 pages)
- Cover; Half Title Page; Title Page; Copyright; Dedication; About the Authors; Preface; Acknowledgments; Contents; 1. Introduction; 2. Are Learning Disabilities Real?; 3. Classification and Definition of Learning Disabilities: The Problem of Identification; 4. Assessment of Learning Disabilities; 5. Effective Instruction for Students with Learning Disabilities: A Multi-Tiered System of Supports; 6. Word-Level Reading Disabilities (Dyslexia); 7. Text-Level Reading Disabilities (Specific Reading Comprehension Disability); 8. Mathematics Disabilities: Calculation and Problem Solving.
- 9. Written Expression Disabilities10. The Problem of Automaticity; 11. Translating the Results of Scientific Research into Educational Practice; References; Index; Color Plates.
- Reviewing the state of the science of learning disabilities (LDs) and describing effective educational practices, this authoritative volume has been significantly revised and expanded with more than 70% new material. Foremost LD experts identify effective principles of assessment and instruction within the framework of multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS). With a focus on what works in the classroom, the book explores the full range of reading, mathematics, and writing disabilities. It synthesizes knowledge from neuropsychology, cognitive neuroscience, and special and general education. Illustrations include eight color plates. As a special supplement, a chapter on the history of the LD field from the first edition is provided at the companion website. New to This Edition *Heightened emphasis on intervention, including significant new developments in reading comprehension and math. *Reflects major scientific advances in understanding LDs. *Chapter on principles of effective instruction and MTSS. *Chapter on automaticity in reading, math, and writing. *Chapter on challenges in real-world implementation of evidence-based practices. *Chapter on the validity of the LD construct.
- Inlärningssvårigheter (sao)
- Learning disabilities. (LCSH)
- Learning disabilities -- Research. (LCSH)
- Learning disabilities. (fast)
- EDUCATION -- Administration -- General. (bisacsh)
- EDUCATION -- Organizations & Institutions. (bisacsh)
- Learning disabilities -- Research. (fast)
- Learning disabilities (LCSH)
- Electronic books. (LCSH)
- Electronic books.
- LC4704 (LCC)
- 371.9 (DDC)
- Eu (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Linköpings universitetsbibliotek (Li)Ange som favorit
Titeln i bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (Extern tillgång endast anställda och studenter vid LiU)