Boström, Mattias: Från Holmes till Sherlock.
From Holmes to Sherlock : the story of the men and women who created an icon / Mattias Boström ; translated from the Swedish by Michael Gallagher.
Boström, Mattias, 1971- (författare)
Gallagher, Michael, 1978- (översättare)
- ISBN 9780802126603
- First hardcover edition
- Publicerad: New York : Mysterious Press, 2017
- Engelska 597 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates
- "Everyone knows Sherlock Holmes. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle created a unique literary character who has remained popular for over a century and is appreciated more than ever today. But what made this fictional character, dreamed up by a small-town English doctor in the 1880s, into such a lasting success, despite the author's own attempt to escape his invention? In From Holmes to Sherlock, Swedish author and Sherlock Holmes expert Mattias Bostrom recreates the full story behind the legend for the first time. From a young Arthur Conan Doyle sitting in a Scottish lecture hall taking notes on his medical professor's powers of observation to the pair of modern-day fans who brainstormed the idea behind the TV sensation Sherlock, from the publishing world's first literary agent to the Georgian princess who showed up at the Conan Doyle estate and altered a legacy, the narrative follows the men and women who have created and perpetuated the myth. It includes tales of unexpected fortune, accidental romance, and inheritances gone awry, and tells of the actors, writers, readers, and other players who have transformed Sherlock Holmes from the gentleman amateur of the Victorian era to the odd genius of today. Told in fast-paced, novelistic prose, From Holmes to Sherlock is a singular celebration of the most famous detective in the world -- a must-read for newcomers and experts alike"--
- Detective and mystery stories -- Authorship. (LCSH)
- Authors, Scottish -- 19th century -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Authors, Scottish -- 20th century -- Biography. (LCSH)
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, 1859-1930 -- Characters -- Sherlock Holmes.
- Holmes, Sherlock -- Influence.
- Doyle, Arthur Conan, Sir, 1859-1930
- Holmes, Sherlock (fiktiv gestalt)
- PR4624 (LCC)
- 823.8 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit