Global indigenous health : reconciling the past, engaging the present, animating the future / edited by Robert Henry, Amanda LaVallee, Nancy Van Styvendale, and Robert Alexander Innes.
Henry, Robert, Ph. D. (editor.)
LaVallee, Amanda (editor.)
Van Styvendale, Nancy, 1976- (editor.)
Innes, Robert Alexander (editor.)
- ISBN 9780816540204
- First paperback edition.
- Publicerad: Tucson, Arizona : The University of Arizona Press, 2019
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska vii, 339 pages
- Indigenous health in the aftermath of genocide: healing and reconciliation after the Indian residential schools experience in Canada / David B. MacDonald -- Helping his brothers and sisters heal: Arthur Solomon and penal reform in Canada / Seth Adema -- BCG Tuberculosis vaccine experiment on Southeast Alaska natives: a medical experiment without informed consent / Eleanor Louise Hadden -- Understanding the Vermont Eugenics Survey and its impacts today / Judy A. Dow -- Introduced biotechnologies, traditional lands, and indigenous well-being: the expanding assemblage of small-scale Māori horticulture through the "Indigenous Turn" / Simon Lambert -- USDA foods, indigenous health, and self-sufficiency on Pohnpei, Micronesia / Josh Levy -- Manitoba Hydro's promotional materials as Colonialist discourse / Paul Depasquale -- Child welfare: a social determinant of health for Canadian first nations and Métis children / Caroline L. Tait, Robert Henry, and Rachel Loewen Walker -- They stole my thunder: Indian women and post-incarceration health / Sharon Leslie Acoose and John E. Charlton -- Preventative efforts to address violence against Sámi women and children / Margaretha Uttjek -- Uschiniichisuu futures: healing, empowerment, and agency among the Chisasibi Cree youth / Ioana Radu -- Addressing inequalities: understanding indigenous health policy in urban Ontario, Canada / Alicia Powell and Chelsea Gabel -- Wiçozani Wašte (Good Life): Arthur Amiotte's model of the life cycle / Ceremonial cycle and healing / Mark F. Ruml -- Carole laFavor's indigenous feminism and early HIV/AIDS activism: health sovereignty in the 1980s and 1990s / Lisa Tatonetti -- Traveling the Möbius Strip: the influence of two-eyed seeing in the development of indigenous research accomplices / Barbara Fornssler, Laura Hall, Colleen Anne Dell, Chris Mushquash, Randy Duncan, Peter Butt, Carol Hopkins, Nancy Poole, Peter Menzies, Margo Rowan, Debra Dell, David Mykota, and Carina Fiedeldey-Van Dijk.
- "This book offers a timely understanding of the complexities of Indigenous health and health outcomes, and ways for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples to build systems and programs with positive solutions"--Provided by publisher.
- Indigenous peoples -- Health and hygiene. (LCSH)
- Indians of North America -- Health and hygiene. (LCSH)
- Health Services, Indigenous. (MeSH)
- Indians, North American. (MeSH)
- Native peoples -- Health and hygiene. (CSH)
- Indians of North America -- Health and hygiene. (fast)
- Indigenous peoples -- Health and hygiene. (fast)
- RA448.5.I5 (LCC)
- 362.108997 (DDC)
- Vp (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit