Andrei Tarkovsky's sounding cinema : music and meaning from Solaris to The Sacrifice / Tobias Pontara.
Pontara, Tobias (författare)
- ISBN 9780367277291
- Publicerad: New York : Routledge, 2020
- Copyright: ©2020
- Engelska xi, 193 pages
Serie: Music and sound on the international screen
- Interpreting Tarkovsky's Cinema through its Music -- Bach at the Space Station : Diegetic Ambiguities and Multiplying Gaps in Solaris -- Memories, Dreams and Mysteries : Music and Dimensions of Human Experience in Mirror -- Beethoven Overcome : Transcendence and Utopia in Stalker -- Musical Offerings, Soothing Sounds and Sacrificial Acts : Managing the Nostalgia of Nostalghia -- The Voice of Truth : Liminal Music, Spiritual Authenticity and Gradual Awakening in The Sacrifice -- Music, Meaning and Troubled Utopias in Tarkovsky's Cinema -- Appendix. The Structure of Mirror.
- "Andrei Tarkovsky's Sounding Cinema adds a new dimension to our understanding and appreciation of the work of Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky (1932-1986) through an exploration of the presence of music and sound in his films. The first comprehensive study in English concentrating on the soundtrack in Tarkovsky's cinema, this book reveals how Tarkovsky's use of electronic music, electronically manipulated sound, traditional folk songs and fragments of canonized works of Western art music plays into the philosophical, existential and ethical themes recurring throughout his work. Exploring the multilayered relationship between music, sound, film image and narrative space, Pontara provides penetrating and innovative close readings of Solaris (1972), Mirror (1975), Stalker (1979), Nostalghia (1983) and The Sacrifice (1986) and in turn deeply enriches critical understanding of Tarkovsky's films and their relation to the broader traditions of European art cinema. An excellent resource for scholars, researchers and students interested in European art cinema and the role of music in film, as well as for film aficionados interested in Tarkovsky's work"--
- Filmmusik (sao)
- Motion picture music -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Motion picture music. (fast)
- Filmmusik -- historia (sao)
- Motion picture music (LCSH)
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Tarkovskiĭ, Andreĭ Arsenʹevich, 1932-1986.
- Tarkovskij, Andrej Arsenʹevič, 1932-1986
- ML2075 (LCC)
- 791.43024 (DDC)
- Ima (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit