From participant observation to relational ethnography : a reflexive look through a systemic lens / Sharon Walker.
Walker, Sharon (author.)
- ISBN 9781526404282 (EBOOK)
- Publicerad: 2017
- Publicerad: London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- Engelska 1 online resource.
Serie: SAGE Research Methods. Cases. Part 2
- Relaterad länk:
http://methods.sagep... (Table of Contents / Abstracts) (SAGE Research Methods)
- As head of Drug Policy and Programmes for HM Prison Service, England and Wales in 2003, I was aware of the need to rehabilitate women prisoners who had mis-used drugs prior to custody. Consequently, I conducted a study to identify the evidence for an effective therapeutic community for women in prison. The combination of methods used included participant observation, focus groups, and individual semi-structured interviews. This case seeks to address the issues that arose for me in my role as a researcher while engaged in the study. I provide a reflexive account of my experience through a systemic lens, exploring my immersion into the observed group and ethnography as a relational, embodied research method.
- Women prisoners -- Research -- Case studies. (LCSH)
- Women drug addicts -- Research -- Case studies. (LCSH)
- Ethnology -- Research -- Case studies. (LCSH)
- HV8738 (LCC)
- 365.6 (DDC)
- Oeq (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.