The Jewish apocalyptic tradition and the shaping of New Testament thought / Benjamin E. Reynolds and Loren T. Stuckenbruck, editors.
Reynolds, Benjamin E., 1977- (redaktör/utgivare)
Stuckenbruck, Loren T. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 1451492669
- Publicerad: Minneapolis [Minnesota] : Fortress Press, 
- Engelska xvi, 377 pages
- Preface -- Introduction / Benjamin E. Reynolds and Loren T. Stuckenbruck -- Part I. Jesus and the Gospels : -- 1. Jesus the revealer and the revealed / Leslie A. Baynes -- 2. Apocalypticism, angels, and Matthew / Kristian Bendoraitis -- 3. Apocalypse and the Gospel of Mark / Grant Macaskill -- 4. Angels and visions in Luke-Acts / Kindalee Pfremmer De Long -- 5. Apocalyptic revelation in the Gospel of John : revealed cosmology, the vision of God, and visionary showing / Benjamin E. Reynolds -- Part II. Paul and the Pauline letters : -- 6. Paul as an apocalyptist / Christopher Rowland -- 7. The apocalyptic eschatology of Romans : creation, judgment, resurrection, and glory / Karina Martin Hogan -- 8. The mystery of God's wisdom, the parousia of a Messiah, and visions of heavenly paradise : 1 and 2 Corinthians in the context of Jewish apocalypticism / Matthew Goff -- 9. A comparison of Paul's Letter to the Galatians with the Epistle of Enoch / James M. Scott -- 10. Apocalyptic thought in the Epistles of Colossians and Ephesians / Benjamin Wold -- 11. Apocalyptic thought in Philippians / Angela Standhartinger -- 12. Paul the seer and the apocalyptic community at Thessalonica / John Byron -- 13. Apocalypticism in the pastoral epistles / Mark Harding -- Part III. Hebrews, the Catholic epistles, and Revelation : -- 14. Heavenly revelation in the Epistle to the Hebrews / Eric F. Mason -- 15. James and apocalyptic wisdom / Mariam Kamell Kovalishyn -- 16. Apocalypse and the Epistles of 1, 2 Peter and Jude / Chad Pierce -- 17. Demonology and eschatology in the oppositional language of the Johannine epistles and Jewish apocalyptic texts / Bennie H. Reynolds, III -- 18. The Book of Revelation as a disclosure of wisdom / Loren T. Stuckenbruck.
- The contemporary study of Jewish apocalypticism today recognizes the wealth and diversity of ancient traditions concerned with the "unveiling" of heavenly matters--understood to involve revealed wisdom, the revealed resolution of time, and revealed cosmology--in marked contrast to an earlier focus on eschatology as such. The shift in focus has had a more direct impact on the study of ancient "pseudepigraphic" literature, however, than in New Testament studies, where the narrower focus on eschatological expectation remains dominant. In this Companion, an international team of scholars draws out the implications of the newest scholarship for the variety of New Testament writings. Each entry presses the boundaries of current discussion regarding the nature of apocalypticism in application to a particular New Testament author. The cumulative effect is to reveal, as never before, early Christianity, its Christology, cosmology, and eschatology, as expressions of tendencies in Second Temple Judaism.
- Apocryphal books (Old Testament) (LCSH)
- Church history -- Primitive and early church, ca. 30-600. (LCSH)
- Christianity and other religions -- Judaism. (LCSH)
- Apocalyptic literature -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Judaism. (fast)
- Apocalyptic literature. (fast)
- Apocryphal books (Old Testament) (fast)
- Christianity. (fast)
- Interfaith relations. (fast)
- Apokalyptik (gnd)
- Exegese (gnd)
- Frühjudentum (gnd)
- Rezeption (gnd)
- Weltuntergang (gnd)
- Church history -- Primitive and early church. (fast)
- 30-600 (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Bible. New Testament -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bibeln. Nya Testamentet
- New Testament -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- 225.6 (DDC)
- Ccb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favorit