Barba, Andrés: Las manos pequeñas
Such small hands / Andres Barba ; translated from the Spanish by Lisa Dillman ; with an afterword by Edmund White.
Barba, Andrés, 1975- (author.)
Dillman, Lisa (translator.)
White, Edmund, 1940- (writer of afterword.)
- ISBN 1846276438
- Publicerad: 2017
- Publicerad: [S.l.] : PORTOBELLO BOOKS LTD, 2017.
- Publicerad: London : Portobello Books, 2017.
- Copyright: ©2017
- Engelska 101 pages
- Her father died instantly, her mother in the hospital. She has learned to say this flatly and without emotion, the way she says her name (Marina), her doll's name (also Marina) and her age (seven). Her parents were killed in a car crash and now she lives in the orphanage with the other little girls. But Marina is not like the other little girls.In the curious, hyperreal, feverishly serious world of childhood, Marina and the girls play games of desire and warfare. The daily rituals of playtime, lunchtime and bedtime are charged with a horror; horror is licked by the dark flames of love. When Marina introduces the girls to Marina the Doll, she sets in motion a chain of events from which there can be no release.
- Barn och våld (sao)
- Föräldralösa barn (sao)
- Barnhem (sao)
- Violence in children -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Orphans -- Spain -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Orphanages -- Spain -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Orphanages (LCSH)
- Children and violence (LCSH)
- Orphans (LCSH)
- Spain -- Fiction. (LCSH)
- Spain. (fast)
- Skräck (saogf)
- Psykologiska skildringar (saogf)
- Romaner (saogf)
- Fiction. (fast)
- Psychological fiction. (lcgft)
- Horror fiction. (lcgft)
- 863.7 (DDC)
- Heek.01 (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit