Just sustainability : technology, ecology, and resource extraction / edited by Christiana Z. Peppard and Andrea Vicini, S.J.
Peppard, Christiana Z.
- ISBN 9781626981324
- Publicerad: Maryknoll, New York : Orbis Books, 
- Engelska xi, 292 pages
Serie: Catholic theological ethics in the world church ; 3
- Introduction: on just sustainability and its challenges / Christiana Z. Peppard and Part I: Locations -- Sustainability in the Baltic states: insights from ecofeminism / Dzintra Ilisko -- Sustainability and responsible energy supply from the perspective of the churches in Germany / Markus Vogt -- The case of Micronesia / Francis X. Hezel, SJ -- Nature, human beings, and nuclear power in Japan / Osamu Takeuchi, SJ -- Participation is the path to sustainable development: developmental projects and involuntary displacement in India / John Karuvelil, SJ -- Ecology, moral theology, and spirituality: a perspective from the Democratic Republic of Congo / VIviane Minikongo Mundele -- Theological perspectives on governance in the mining sector in the Democratic Republic of Congo / Muhigirwa Rusembuka Ferdinand, SJ -- The problem of economic sustainability in Nigeria: a call for a new paradigm / Benedict Chidi Nwachukwu-Udaku -- The cry of nature in the world of the poor: the case of Brazil / João Batista Libanio, SJ -- Social sustainability in Mexico / Miguel Ángel Sánchez Carlos -- Can agriculture be sustainable in the United States? / Kenneth M. Weare -- Part II: Structures -- The political economy of sustainability / John Sniegocki -- New measures for justice, ecological wisdom, and integral development / Dennis T. Gonzalez -- Toward sustainability in urban planning: the case of Kenya / Constansia Mumma-Martinon -- Of empty granaries, stolen harvests, and the weapon of grain: applied ethics in search of sustainable food security / Teresia Hinga -- The unsavory gamble of industrial agriculture / Mark Graham -- Sustainable mining in South Africa: a concept in search of a theory / Peter Knox, SJ -- Health systems challenges, national HIV/AIDS response, and public health policy in Chad: ethical and efficiency requirements for sustainable health systems / Jacquineau Azétsop, SJ -- Technology, ecology, and the divine: a critical look at new technologies through a theology of gratuitousness / Celia Deane-Drummond -- Part III: Theological stances and sustainable relations -- Humans and other creatures: creation, original grace, and original sin / Denis Edwards -- The ecclesial contribution to sustainable communities / Randy J.C. Odchigue -- Feminism and ecology / Ann Marie Mealey -- A Catholic virtues ecology / Nancy M. Rouke -- Unleashing Catholicism's stranded assets in the fight for just sustainability / Christine Firer Hinze -- The exploitation of natural resources: reconfiguring economic relations toward a community-of-interests perspective / Edward Osang Obi, MSP -- By night in a pillar of fire: a theological analysis of renewable energy / Erin Lothes Biviano -- Fostering just sustainability through Ignatian spirituality / Daniel R. DiLeo -- Education for just sustainability in Malawi / Peter J. Henriot, SJ.
- This book is a study of the social, economic, and conceptual changes needed on a global level for all of life to flourish in the 21st century. It begins from the premise that any viable path to sustainability must also be just--whether as norms guiding policy decisions or in the development of a comprehensive ethics of ecology. The essays that constitute Just Sustainability explore and develop concepts that have emerged in environmental ethics as well as those that have become central to Catholic thought and magisterial teaching in the contexts of economic development, technological innovation, and environmental degradation. Essays are thematized around particular locations (Part I), global structures (Part II), and theological stances (Part III). Thirty contributors from six continents write from a wide variety of social, ethnic, geographic, and economic backgrounds. Together, these contributors identify pressing issues of environmental degradation, its significant effects, and a range of ethical and moral responses. Just Sustainability represents an important contribution to discourse and discernment in both environmental ethics and ecological theology. (Publisher).
- Humanekologi (sao)
- Katolicism (sao)
- Human ecology -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church. (LCSH)
- Sustainable development -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church. (LCSH)
- Human ecology -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church. (fast)
- Human ecology (LCSH)
- BX1795.H82 (LCC)
- 241/.691 (DDC)
- Cf (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Carolinabiblioteket (U)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Öppen samling 240 : 119