3D Visual Content Creation, Coding and Delivery / edited by Pedro Amado Assunção, Atanas Gotchev.
Assunção, Pedro Amado. (editor.)
Gotchev, Atanas. (editor.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9783319778426
- Publicerad: 2019
- Publicerad: Cham : Springer International Publishing : 2019.
- Engelska X, 325 p. 126 illus., 82 illus. in color.
Serie: Signals and Communication Technology, 1860-4862
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Introduction -- Emerging Imaging Technologies: Trends and Challenges -- 3D Content Acquisition and Coding -- Efficient Depth-Based Coding -- Error Concealment Methods for Depth Maps -- Light Field Image Compression -- 3D Video Delivery Systems and Tools -- QoE and Qos Metrics for 3D Content -- 3D Visual Content Datasets -- Trans-disciplinary Aspects and Next Generation of 3D Technologies.
- This book covers the different aspects of modern 3D multimedia technologies by addressing several elements of 3D visual communications systems, using diverse content formats, such as stereo video, video-plus-depth and multiview, and coding schemes for delivery over networks. It also presents the latest advances and research results in regards to objective and subjective quality evaluation of 3D visual content, extending the human factors affecting the perception of quality to emotional states. The contributors describe technological developments in 3D visual communications, with particular emphasis on state-of-the-art advances in acquisition of 3D visual scenes and emerging 3D visual representation formats, such as: multi-view plus depth and light field; evolution to freeview and light-field representation; compression methods and robust delivery systems; and coding and delivery over various channels. Simulation tools, testbeds and datasets that are useful for advanced research and experimental studies in the field of 3D multimedia delivery services and applications are covered. The international group of contributors also explore the research problems and challenges in the field of immersive visual communications, in order to identify research directions with substantial economic and social impact. 3D Visual Content Creation, Coding and Delivery provides valuable information to engineers and computer scientists developing novel products and services with emerging 3D multimedia technologies, by discussing the advantages and current limitations that need to be addressed in order to develop their products further. It will also be of interest to students and researchers in the field of multimedia services and applications, who are particularly interested in advances bringing significant potential impact on future technological developments.
- Computer science. (LCSH)
- Image processing. (LCSH)
- Computer-aided engineering. (LCSH)
- Electrical engineering. (LCSH)
- Computer Science.
- Image Processing and Computer Vision.
- Communications Engineering, Networks.
- Computer-Aided Engineering (CAD, CAE) and Design.
- Digital/New Media.
- TA1637-1638 (LCC)
- TA1634 (LCC)
- UYT (ämneskategori)
- UYQV (ämneskategori)
- COM012000 (ämneskategori)
- COM016000 (ämneskategori)
- 006.6 (DDC)
- 006.37 (DDC)
- Pue (kssb/8 (machine generated))
- Pud (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.