Flight or fright : 17 turbulent tales / edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent.
- King, Stephen, 1947- (editor.)
Alternativt namn: King, Stiven, 1947-
Se även: Bachman, Richard
Vincent, Bev (editor.)
- ISBN 9781473691568
- Publicerad: London : Hodder & Stoughton, 2018
- Engelska 332 pages
- Cargo by E. Michael Lewis -- The horror of the heights by Arthur Conan Doyle -- Nightmare at 20,000 feet by Richard Matheson -- The flying machine by Ambrose Bierce -- Lucifer by E. C. Tubb -- The fifth category by Tom Bissell -- Two minutes fort-five seconds by Dan Simmons -- Diablitos by Cody Goodfellow -- Air raid by John Varley -- You are eleased by Joe Hill -- Warbirds by David S. Schow -- The flying machine by Ray Bradbury -- Zombies on a plane by Bev Vincent -- Theey shall not grow old by Roald Dahl -- Murder in the air by Peter Tremayne -- The turbulence expert by Stepen King -- Falling by James Dickey -- Afterword : an important message from the flight deck by Bev Vincent.
- Fasten your seatbelts for an anthology of turbulent tales curated by Stephen King and Bev Vincent. This exciting new collection, perfect for airport or aeroplane reading, includes an original introduction and story notes for each story by Stephen King, and brand new stories from Stephen King and Joe Hill. Stephen King hates to fly. Now he and co-editor Bev Vincent would like to share this fear of flying with you. Welcome to Flight or Fright, an anthology about all the things that can go horribly wrong when you're suspended six miles in the air, hurtling through space at more than 500 mph and sealed up in a metal tube (like - gulp! - a coffin) with hundreds of strangers. All the ways your trip into the friendly skies can turn into a nightmare, including some we'll bet you've never thought of before... but now you will the next time you walk down the jetway and place your fate in the hands of a total stranger. Featuring brand new stories by Joe Hill and Stephen King, as well as fourteen classic tales and one poem from the likes of Richard Matheson, Ray Bradbury, Roald Dahl, Dan Simmons, and many others, Flight or Fright is, as King says, "ideal airplane reading, especially on stormy descents... Even if you are safe on the ground, you might want to buckle up nice and tight." Book a flight for this terrifying new anthology that will have you thinking twice about how you want to reach your final destination.
- Flygresor (sao)
- Air travel - Fiction.
- Horror stories.
- Aircraft accidents - Fiction.
- Air travel (LCSH)
- Noveller (saogf)
- Skräck (saogf)
- Horror fiction. (lcgft)
- Short stories. (lcgft)
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- He.016(s) Skönlitteratur: engelska: noveller: samlingsverk
- 823.0108 (DDC)
- He.016(s) (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 5 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit