A marginal scribe : studies of the gospel of Matthew in social-scientific perspective / Dennis C. Duling.
Duling, Dennis C. (författare)
- ISBN 9781606080856
- Publicerad: Eugene, Oregon : Cascade Books, 2012
- Copyright: ©2012
- Engelska xxi, 385 pages
Serie: Matrix: The Bible in Mediterranean context
- The emergence of social-scientific criticism in New Testament study -- The gospel of Matthew and social-scientific criticism -- The gospel of Matthew and social-scientific models -- Matthew's plurisignificant "son of David" in social-scientific perspective : kinship, kingship, magic, and miracle -- Matthew and marginality -- "Egalitarian" ideology, leadership, and factional conflict in the gospel of Matthew -- The Matthean brotherhood and marginal scribal leadership -- Matthew 18:15-17 : conflict, confrontation, and conflict resolution in a "fictive" kin association -- Matthew as a marginal scribe in an advanced agrarian society -- Ethnicity, ethnocentrism, and the Matthean "ethnos" -- A marginal scribe : putting it all together.
- This is a collection of eight studies written over a period of two decades, all of which use social-scientific criticism to interpret the Gospel of Matthew. It prefaces them, first, with a new chapter on the struggle between historians and social scientists since the Enlightenment and its parallel in New Testament studies, which culminated in the emergence of social-scientific criticism; and, second, with a new chapter on recent social-scientific interpretation of the Gospel of Matthew. The eight, more specialized studies cover a variety of themes and use a variety of models but concentrate and are held together by those that illumine social ranking and marginality. The book closes with a chapter that ties together these studies.
- Analys och tolkning (saogf)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Bible. Matthew -- Social scientific criticism.
- Bible. Matthew -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. New Testament -- Social scientific criticism.
- Bibeln. Matteusevangeliet
- BS2575.52 (LCC)
- 226.2D888m, 2012 (DDC)
- Cbbaa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit