Representations of the afterlife in Luke-Acts / Alexey Somov.
Somov, Alexey (author.)
- ISBN 9780567683847
- Paperback edition.
- Publicerad: London ; T & T Clark, 2018
- Copyright: ©2017
- Engelska xv, 268 pages
Serie: International studies on Christian origins
Serie: Library of New Testament studies ; 556 556.
Serie: T & T Clark library of biblical studies
- Part I. Eschatology and the abode of the dead. Eschatology and the afterlife -- Representations of the abode of the dead -- Part II. Forms of afterlife existence. Resurrection -- The immortality of the soul and angelomorphism -- Part III. Can the various views of the afterlife in Luke-Acts be reconciled? Interrelations between the representations of the afterlife in Luke-Acts.
- "Questions regarding the afterlife are many, and the Gospel of Luke and the book of Acts pay a great deal of attention to them: why does Luke speak about several different forms of the afterlife? Why is resurrection described as a person's transformation into an angelic being? How many abodes are appointed for the righteous and the wicked after death? Alexey Somov addresses these queries in relation to the apparent confusion and variety found in the text, and in respect of the interrelatedness of these issues, and their connection with other eschatological issues in Luke-Acts, and in relation to the wider cultural context of the Mediterranean world to which Luke belonged." -- Amazon
- Future life -- Biblical teaching. (LCSH)
- Future life -- Biblical teaching. (fast)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Bible. Luke -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. Acts -- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Bible. Acts.
- Bible. Luke.
- BS2589.6.F88 (LCC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit