Race, Immigration, and Social Control Immigrants’ Views on the Police / by Ivan Y. Sun, Yuning Wu.
Sun, Ivan Y. (author.)
Wu, Yuning. (author.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9781349958078
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: London : Palgrave Macmillan UK : 2018.
- Engelska XI, 187 p. 1 illus.
Serie: Palgrave Studies in Race, Ethnicity, Indigeneity and Criminal Justice
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Chapter 1. Introduction -- Chapter 2. Race/ethnicity as the Defining Characteristic of Policing in the U.S. -- Chapter 3. Policing the Country’s Newcomers -- Chapter 4. The Apparent Immigrants: Latinos’ Attitudes toward the Police -- Chapter 5. Model Minorities and Forever Foreigners: Chinese Americans’ Attitudes toward the Police -- Chapter 6. From Invisibility to Unwanted Spotlight: Arab Americans’ Perceptions of the Police -- Chapter 7. More than Blacks and Whites: Theory Development on Immigrant Perceptions of the Police -- Chapter 8. Summary and Conclusion.
- This book discusses the issues surrounding race, ethnicity, and immigrant status in U.S. policing, with a special focus on immigrant groups’ perceptions of the police and factors that shape their attitudes toward the police. It focuses on the perceptions of three rapidly growing yet understudied ethnic groups – Hispanic/Latino, Chinese, and Arab Americans. Discussion of their perceptions of and experience with the police revolves around several central themes, including theoretical frameworks, historical developments, contemporary perceptions, and emerging challenges. This book appeals to those interested in or researching policing, race relations, and immigration in society, and to domestic and foreign government officials who carry law enforcement responsibilities and deal with citizens and immigrants in particular. .
- Police. (LCSH)
- Social structure. (LCSH)
- Social inequality. (LCSH)
- Ethnicity. (LCSH)
- Emigration and immigration. (LCSH)
- Crime -- Sociological aspects. (LCSH)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Ethnicity, Class, Gender and Crime.
- Crime and Society.
- Ethnicity Studies.
- Social Structure, Social Inequality.
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.