Picasso, Pablo: Drawings. Selections
Picasso : the line / [curated by] Carmen Giménez ; with contributions by David Breslin, Clare Elliott.
Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 (artist.)
Giménez, Carmen (curator , writer of added text.)
Breslin, David (writer of added text.)
Elliott, Clare (writer of added text.)
Menil Collection (Houston, Tex.) (host institution , issuing body.)
- ISBN 9780300223071
- Publicerad: Houston, Texas : The Menil Collection, 
- Copyright: ©2016
- Engelska 175 pages
- Linear Picasso / Carmen Giménez -- The map and the territory: notes on Picasso's cartographic line / David Breslin -- Works of art -- Picasso in the Menil Collection / Clare Elliott.
- This beautiful new study provides an insightful reevaluation of the role of line in the work of Pablo Picasso (1881-1973). Picasso pursued drawing assiduously throughout his career, ranging across media such as pen and pencil, charcoal, and papier colle. This book brings together eighty extraordinary drawings spanning the most important phases of Picasso's career. Contributors discuss the artist's intensive exploration of line in relation to three-dimensional form, both in the context of the European artistic tradition and in analyses of selected works. Drawing emerges as central to the artist's process-a creative process that reveals another facet of Picasso's genius for making art out of the simplest of means. The first in-depth exploration of the artist's line drawings, Picasso The Line conveys how essential these powerful works are within the artist's oeuvre. As Picasso himself stated: line drawings are the only ones that cannot be imitated.
- Drawing -- 20th century -- Exhibitions. (LCSH)
- Drawing. (fast)
- Zeichnung (gnd)
- 1900-1999 (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (fast)
- Exhibition catalogs. (lcgft)
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 -- Exhibitions.
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973.
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973
- NC248.P5 (LCC)
- 741.944 (DDC)
- Ig (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.