Approaches to actor training : international perspectives / edited by John Freeman.
Freeman, John (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781137607713
- Publicerad: London : Red Globe Press, 2019
- Engelska xvii, 276 sidor
- Innehåll: Perspectives and provocations, prescriptions and principles / John Freeman -- Whole actor, whole person training: designing a holistic actor training programme for individual career longevity and well-being / Andrea L. Moor -- Being human / Adrian James -- All those words: why bother with all those old plays? / Annie Tyson -- What are you saying? An approach to teaching text in an era of language loss / Laura Wayth -- Mind the gap: gōng fēng shuǐ and the missing teeth (Ma) / Robert (Draf) Draffin -- The British tradition in acting Shakespeare: challenges to teaching the acting of Shakespeare in a UK conservatoire in the twenty-first century / Stephen Simms -- An actor's world: people, space, time and text / Jeff Janisheski -- Approaches to acting and interacting in immersive and interactive performance / Klaus Kruse -- Yoga in a circle: actor training across borders / Diane M. Sadak -- The architecture of action: late Stanislavski in contemporary practice / Hugh O'Gorman -- Standing on the outside looking in / Michael McCall -- An eye on the exit: actor training in a liberal arts environment / Ellen Margolis.
- This insightful and practically-focused collection brings together different approaches to actor training from professionals based at universities and conservatoires in the UK, the US and Australia. Exploring the cultural and institutional differences which affect actor training, and analysing developments in the field today, it addresses a range of different approaches, from Stanislavski's System to contemporary immersive theatre. With hands-on focus from some of the world's leading programmes, and attention paid to ethical control, consent and safe practice, this book sees expert tutors exploring pathways to sustainable 21st century careers. ?Designed for tutors, students and practitioners, Approaches to Actor Training examines what it means to train as an actor, what actors-in-training can expect from their programmes of study and how the road to professional accomplishment is mapped and travelled
- Skådespelarkonst -- metodik (sao)
- Samlingsverk (saogf)
- 792.02807 (DDC)
- Ikad (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit