Measuring health and wellbeing / editors, John Harvey and Vicki Taylor ; series editor, Vicki Taylor.
Harvey, John (Public health consultant) (editor.)
Taylor, Vicki (Physician) (editor.)
- ISBN 9781526436023
- Publicerad: Los Angeles : SAGE : 2013
- Engelska 1 online resource (140 pages)
Serie: Transforming public health practice
- Relaterad länk:
http://sk.sagepub.co... (Table of Contents / Abstracts) (SAGE Knowledge)
- Ch. 1. Basic Concepts / John Harvey -- ch. 2. Measures of Health and Wellbeing / John Harvey -- ch. 3. Doing a Health Needs Assessment / Mike Lavender -- ch. 4 Health Surveillance / John Harvey -- ch. 5. Measuring Health Outcomes / Claire Bradford -- ch. 6. Intelligent Application: Defining the S�-Whats' / John Harvey.
- Building on the core competences for public health, this book focuses on key areas of surveillance and assessment of the population's health and wellbeing. It is concerned with assessing and describing the needs, health and wellbeing of specific populations, communities and groups. The authors also look at how to monitor these aspects of public health and explore qualitative and quantitative methods for measuring, analysing and interpreting health and wellbeing, needs and outcomes. Case studies, activities and research summaries are used throughout the book to help the reader understand how to apply theory to practice.
- Health status indicators -- Evaluation. (LCSH)
- Public health -- Methodogy. (LCSH)
- Quality of life -- Research -- Methodology. (LCSH)
- Health Status Indicators. (MeSH)
- Health -- statistics & numerical data. (MeSH)
- Public Health -- methods. (MeSH)
- RA408.5 (LCC)
- 2013 C-730 (NLM)
- WA 900 (NLM)
- 614.4/2 (DDC)
- Vnac (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.