Activism and the fossil fuel industry / Andrew Cheon and Johannes Urpelainen.
Cheon, Andrew (author.)
Urpelainen, Johannes (author.)
- ISBN 9781783538089
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: Abingdon, Oxon ; Routledge, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska xi, 242 pages
- Introduction -- Fossil fuels in the world economy -- Perspectives on the movement against fossil fuels -- Keystone XL -- Divestment -- The campaign against coal in the United States -- Mobilizing against fracking -- Campaigns against fossil fuels : a global view -- Conclusion.
- "In less than a decade, activism against the fossil fuel industry has exploded across the globe. While environmentalists used to focus on legislative goals, such as carbon emissions trading or renewable energy policies, today the most prominent activists directly attack the fossil fuel industry. This timely book offers a comprehensive evaluation of different types of activism, the success and impact of campaigns and activities, and suggestions as to ways forward. This book is the first systematic treatment of the anti-fossil fuel movement in the United States. An accessible and readable text, it is an essential reference for scholars, policymakers, activists, and citizens interested in climate change, fossil fuels, and environmental sustainability. The entire book or chapters from it can be used as required or supplementary material in various courses at the undergraduate and graduate level. As the book is not technically challenging but contains a comprehensive review of climate change, fossil fuels, and the literature on environmental activism, it can be used as an accessible introduction to the anti-fossil fuel campaign across disciplines" -- From the publisher.
- Miljörörelser (sao)
- Fossila bränslen (sao)
- Green movement. (LCSH)
- Environmentalism. (LCSH)
- Energy industries -- Environmental aspects. (LCSH)
- Fossil fuels -- Environmental aspects. (LCSH)
- Fossil fuels -- Political aspects. (LCSH)
- Environmental policy -- Citizen participation. (LCSH)
- Environmentalism. (fast)
- Green movement. (fast)
- Energy industries -- Environmental aspects. (fast)
- Environmental policy -- Citizen participation. (fast)
- Fossil fuels -- Environmental aspects. (fast)
- Fossil fuels (LCSH)
- Environmentalism (LCSH)
- Green movement (LCSH)
- HD9502.A2 (LCC)
- 338.2/72 (DDC)
- Pdab.05 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit