Pablo picasso - the interaction between collectors & exhibitions, 1899-1939 / Enrique Mallén.
Mallen, Enrique (författare)
- ISBN 9781845199005
- Publicerad: Sussex Academic Press, 2018
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 256 sidor
- Early exhibitions -- The move to Paris -- Growing prestige -- Rising prices -- A time of renewal -- Involvement in the theatre -- The post-war market -- The early 1920s -- Reputation across the Atlantic -- The sale of a masterpiece -- First retrospective -- The influence of surrealism -- The American market -- Retrospectives in Paris and Zürich -- Crisis in Europe -- The growing presence of New York -- The war in Spain -- The impact of fascism -- The war period -- Major New York retrospective.
- This book explores the interaction between collectors, dealers and exhibitions in Pablo Picassos entire career. The former two often played a determining role in which artworks were included in expositions as well as their availability and value in the art market. The term collector/dealer must often be used in combination since the distinction between both is often unclear; Heinz Berggruen, for instance, identified himself primarily as a collector, although he also sold quite a few Picassos through his Paris gallery. On the whole, however, dealers bought more often than collectors; and they bought works by artists they were already involved with. While some dealers were above all professional gallery owners; most were mainly collectors who sporadically sold items from their collection.
- Konstnärer (sao)
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- History -- 20th century. (LCSH)
- Artists (LCSH)
- Biografi (saogf)
- Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 -- Exhibitions
Indexterm och SAB-rubrik
- Ibz Särskilda konstnärer
- N6853.P5 (LCC)
- 759.4 (DDC)
- Ibz Picasso, Pablo (kssb/8)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit