Crisis and Social Regression in Brazil A New Moment of the Social Question / by Roberto Véras de Oliveira.
Véras de Oliveira, Roberto. (author.)
SpringerLink (Online service)
- ISBN 9783319994024
- Publicerad: Cham : Springer International Publishing : 2019
- Engelska X, 63 p.
Serie: SpringerBriefs in Sociology, 2212-6368 2212-6368
- Relaterad länk:
http://dx.doi.org/10... (Table of Contents / Abstracts)
- Chapter 1: The Developmentalist Contradictory Promise -- Chapter 2: The Interpretations of Brazilian Society: What Development? -- Chapter 3: Democratic Transition and the Promise of a Wider Citizenship -- Chapter 4: Neoliberal Era and the Denial of Social Rights -- Chapter 5: Lula/Dilma Era: Neodevelopmentalism and New Social Question -- Chapter 6: Challenges of the Social Question in the Current Scenario.
- This is the first book published in English to present a concise but panoramic overview of the social, economic and political roots of the current Brazilian crisis. By situating former president Dilma Rousseff’s impeachment in the wider context of the historical struggle for social rights, citizenship and democracy in the country, the book provides a conceptual framework that will allow foreign readers to better understand the apparent contradiction of a rising regional power that all of a sudden entered in one of the worst economic, social and political crisis of its history. This book will be of interest to a wide range of social scientists (such as sociologists, economists, historians and political scientists) interested in labor and citizenship issues in developing countries like Brazil, as well as for social agents (from the public and private spheres) with practical involvement with such issues, such as trade unionists, leaders and advisors of business organizations, policy-makers, politicians, NGO activists and technicians. .
- Social sciences. (LCSH)
- Social structure. (LCSH)
- Social inequality. (LCSH)
- Industrial sociology. (LCSH)
- Social Sciences.
- Sociology of Work.
- Social Structure, Social Inequality.
- HD6951-HD6957 (LCC)
- JHBL (ämneskategori)
- SOC026000 (ämneskategori)
- BUS038000 (ämneskategori)
- 306.36 (DDC)
- Oa (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Stockholms universitetsbibliotek, Digitala resurser (Hdig)Ange som favorit
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Läs hela (TillgÃ¤nglig fÃ¶r anvÃ¤ndare inom Stockholms universitet) (SpringerLink Books - AutoHoldings:Full Text)