The new nomadic age : archaeologies of forced and undocumented migration / edited by Yannis Hamilakis.
Hamilakis, Yannis, 1966- (editor.)
Verk som ingår i eller hör samman med denna titel
- Journal of contemporary archaeology.
- ISBN 9781781797112
- Publicerad: Sheffield, UK ; Equinox Publishing Ltd, 2018
- Engelska xiv, 253 pages
- Archaeologies of forced and undocumented migration / Yannis Hamilakis -- The 1947 partition of India and Pakistan: migration, material landscapes, and the making of nations / Erin P Riggs, Zahida Rehman Jat -- "We Palestinian Refugees": heritage rites and/as the clothing of bare life: reconfiguring paradox, obligation, and imperative in Palestinian refugee camps in Jordan / Beverley Butler, Fatima Al-Nammari -- Surveilling surveillance: countermapping undocumented migration in the USA-Mexico borderlands / Haeden Eli Stewart, Ian Osterreicher, Cameron Gokee, Jason De Leon -- Place making in non-places: migrant graffiti in rural highway box culverts / Gabriella Soto -- Lessons from the Bakken Oil Patch / William Caraher, Bret Weber, Richard Rothaus -- Empty migrant rooms: an anthropology of absence through the camera lens / Eckehard Pistrick, Florian Bachmeier -- If place remotely matters: camped in Greece's contingent countryside / Kostis Kourelis -- Orange life jackets: materiality and narration in Lesvos, one year after the eruption of the "refugee crisis" / George Tyrikos-Ergas -- Interrupted journeys: drawings by refugees at the Kara Tepe Camp, Lesvos, Greece / Angela Maria Arbelaez Arbelaez, Edward Mulholland -- Abandoned refugee vehicles "in the middle of nowhere": reflections on the global refugee crisis from the northern margins of Europe / Oula Ilari Seitsonen, Vesa-Pekka Herva, Mika Kunnari -- The garden of refugees / Rui Gomes Coelho -- Reframing the Lampedusa Cross: the British Museum's display of the Mediterranean migrant crisis / Morgan Lynn Breene -- What Anchors the Tu do? / Denis Byrne -- "Heritage on exile": reflecting on the roles and responsibilities of heritage organizations towards those affected by forced migration / John Schofield -- The materiality of the state of exception: components of the experience of deportation from the United States / Agnieszka Radziwinowiczówna -- Digging up sounds, images and words together in Athens: conversations with Kurosh Dadgar (Hossein Shabani) and Saeid Ghasemi on refugee experiences and self-representation through art and heritage management / Christina Thomopoulos, Kurosh Dadgar, Esra Dogan, Saeid Ghasemi, Sophia Thomopoulos.
- "It can be suggested that today we live in a new nomadic age, an age of global movement and migration. For the majority of people on earth, however, especially from the global south, crossing national borders and moving from the global south to the global north is risky, perilous, often lethal. Many are forced or compelled to migrate due to war, persecution, or the structural violence of poverty and deprivation. The phenomenon of forced and undocumented migration is one of the defining features of our era. And while the topic is at the centre of attention and study in many scholarly fields, the materiality of the phenomenon and its sensorial and mnemonic dimensions are barely understood and analysed. In this regard, contemporary archaeology can make an immense contribution. This book, the first archaeological anthology on the topic, takes up the challenge and explores the diverse intellectual, methodological, ethical, and political frameworks for an archaeology of forced and undocumented migration in the present. Matters of historical depth, theory, method, ethics and politics as well as heritage value and public representation are investigated and analysed, adopting a variety of perspectives. The book contains both short reflections and more substantive treatments and case studies from around the world, from the Mexico-USA border to Australia, and utilizes a diversity of narrative formats, including several photographic essays"--
- Forced migration. (LCSH)
- Refugees. (LCSH)
- Social archaeology. (LCSH)
- Forced migration. (fast)
- Refugees. (fast)
- Social archaeology. (fast)
- HV640 (LCC)
- 304.8 (DDC)
- Ojc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Kungl. Konsthögskolans bibliotek (Kkh)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: Samhälle/New nomadic...