Twists and turns of fieldwork : field experiences in a low-income Kurdish migrant community in Turkey / Ozge Sensoy Bahar.
Bahar, Ozge Sensoy (author.)
- ISBN 9781473997868 (EBOOK)
- Publicerad: 2017
- Publicerad: London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- Engelska 1 online resource.
Serie: SAGE Research Methods. Cases. Part 2
- Relaterad länk:
http://methods.sagep... (Table of Contents / Abstracts) (SAGE Research Methods)
- This case example illustrates different aspects of ethnographic methods of inquiry using my dissertation fieldwork experience in a poverty-impacted Kurdish migrant community in Istanbul, Turkey. First, a background to the study is provided. Second, four main characteristics of ethnographic inquiry are described with examples from my research study. Finally, two main data collection methods, namely, in-depth interviews and participant observations, are discussed and examples of the process by which these methods were developed and used in the context of my study are provided. Overall, this case study exemplifies the importance of preparing thoroughly for fieldwork while being ready to be flexible and adaptable as a field researcher.
- Emigration and immigration -- Turkey -- Fieldwork -- Research -- Case studies. (LCSH)
- Research -- Methodology -- Turkey -- Research -- Case studies. (LCSH)
- Social sciences -- Research -- Turkey -- Case studies. (LCSH)
- JV6035 (LCC)
- 304.8 (DDC)
- Ojc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Uppgift om bibliotek saknas i LIBRIS
Kontakta ditt bibliotek, eller sök utanför LIBRIS. Se högermenyn.