The Bloomsbury companion to dance studies / edited by Sherril Dodds.
Dodds, Sherril, 1967- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781350024465
- Publicerad: London ; Bloomsbury Academic, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xiv, 443 pages
Serie: Bloomsbury companions
- Research methods and problems / Rachel Fensham -- Dance pedagogy / Edward C. Warburton -- Practice-as-research / Vida L. Midgelow -- Dance and politics / Juan Ignacio Vallejos -- Dance and identity / Prarthana Purkayastha -- Dance science / Emma Redding -- Screendance / Harmony Bench -- Dance ethnography / Yvonne Daniel -- Popular dance / Sherril Dodds -- Dance history / Susan Manning -- Dance and philosophy / Anna Pakes -- Digital dance / Hetty Blades and Sarah Whatley -- New directions / Mark Franko -- Annotated bibliography / Elizabeth Bergman -- A to Z of key concepts in dance studies / Lise Uytterhoeven.
- "The Bloomsbury Companion to Dance Studies brings together leading international dance scholars in this single collection to provide a vivid picture of the state of contemporary dance research. The book commences with an introduction that privileges dancing as both a site of knowledge formation and a methodological approach, followed by a provocative overview of the methods and problems that dance studies currently faces as an established disciplinary field. The volume contains eleven core chapters that each map out a specific area of inquiry: Dance Pedagogy, Dance and Politics, Dance and Identity, Dance Science, Screendance, Dance Ethnography, Popular Dance, Dance History, Dance and Philosophy, and Digital Dance. Although sub-disciplinary domains do not fully capture the dynamic ways in which dance scholars work across multiple positions and perspectives, they reflect the major interests and innovations around which dance studies has organized its teaching and research. Therefore each author speaks to the labels, methods, issues and histories of each given category, while also exemplifying this scholarship in action. The dances under investigation range from experimental conceptual concert dance through to underground street dance practices, and the geographic reach encompasses dance-making from Europe, North and South America, the Caribbean and Asia. The book ends with a chapter that looks ahead to new directions in dance scholarship, in addition to an annotated bibliography and list of key concepts. The volume is an essential guide for students and scholars interested in the creative and critical approaches that dance studies can offer"--Back cover.
- Dansundervisning (sao)
- Dansvetenskap (sao)
- Dance -- Study and teaching. (LCSH)
- Forschung (gnd)
- Tanz (gnd)
- Tanzwissenschaft (gnd)
- Dance -- Study and teaching. (fast)
- Dans -- forskning (sao)
- GV1589 (LCC)
- 792.8071 (DDC)
- Iky (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 4 bibliotek. Ange som favoritAnge som favoritAnge som favorit