Handbook on critical geographies of migration / edited by Katharyne Mitchell, Dean of the Division of Social Sciences, University of California, Santa Cruz, Reece Jones, Professor, Department of Geography and Environment, University of Hawai'i and Jennifer L. Fluri, Associate Professor of Geography, University of Colorado, Boulder, US.
Mitchell, Katharyne (redaktör/utgivare)
Jones, Reece (redaktör/utgivare)
Fluri, Jennifer L. (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 1786436027
- Publicerad: Cheltenham : Edward Elgar Publishing Limited, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xi, 436 pages
Serie: Research handbooks in geography
- Introduction to Critical Geographies of Migration / Katharyne Mitchell, Reece Jones, and Jennifer L. Fluri -- PART I -- New Issues in Critical Migration Research -- Borders and bodies: Siting critical geographies of migration / Mary Gilmartin and Anna-Kaisa Kuusisto-Arponen - Managing displacement: Negotiating transnationalism, encampment, and return / Yolanda Weima and Jennifer Hyndman -- Gender, Violence and Migration / Cecilia Menjívar and Shannon Drysdale Walsh -- The laws of impermanence: Displacement, sovereignty, subjectivity / Timothy Raeymaekers -- Biometric borders / Benjamin J Müller -- PART II -- Corporeal and Gendered Geographies of Migration -- Embodied migration and the geographies of care: The worlds of unaccompanied refugee minors / Anna-Kaisa Kuusisto-Arponen and Mary Gilmartin -- Corporeal geographies of labour migration in Asia / Brenda S. A. Yeoh, Kellynn Wee, and Charmian Goh Seasonal Migration and the working-class laboring body in India / Anu Sabhlok -- Embodiment and memory in the geopolitics of trauma / Patrica Ehrkamp, Jenna M. Loyd, and Anna Secor -- Gendered circular migrations of Afghans: Fleeing conflict and seeking opportunity / Nazgol Bagheri and Jennifer L. Fluri -- PART III -- Borders, Violence, and the Externalization of Control -- The geography of migrant death: Violence on the U.S.-Mexico border / Jeremy Slack and Daniel E. Martinez -- 'Ceci n'est pas la migration: The surrealist migration map of Frontex / Henk van Houtum and Rodrigo Bueno-Lacy -- From preventative to repressive: The changing use of development and humanitarianism to control migration / Michael Collyer -- Military-humanitarianism / Glenda Garelli and Martina Tazzioli -- Genealogies of contention in concentric circles: Remote migration control and its Eurocentric geographical imaginaries / Maribel Casas-Cortes and Sebastian Cobarrubias Renationalization and spaces of migration: The European border regime after 2015 / Bernd Kasparek and Matthais Schmidt-Sembdner -- PART IV -- Camps, Detention, and Prisons -- Informal migrant camps / Thom Davies, Arshad Isakjee, and Surindar Dhesi -- Fractures in Australia’s Asia-Pacific border continuum: Deterrence, detention, and the production of illegality / Kate Coddington -- Carceral mobility and flexible territoriality in immigration enforcement / Lauren Martin -- The biopolitics of alternatives to immigration detention / Robyn Sampson -- PART V -- Transnationalism and Diaspora -- Home and diaspora / Alison Blunt and Jayani Bonnerjee -- Revisiting diaspora as process: timespace, performative diasporas? / Elizabeth Mavroudi -- Diasporas and development / Margaret Walton-Roberts , Jonathan Crush and Abel Chikanda -- Approximating citizenship: Affective practices of Chinese diasporic descendants in Myanmar / Elaine Lynn-Ee Hoias Geographies of the next generation: Outcomes for the children of immigrants through a spatial lens / Philip Kelly and Cindy Maharaj -- Social media and migration: A moral epistemology of Rwandan return / Saskia Kok and Richard Rogers -- Part VI -- Refugees, Asylum, Humanitarianism -- Contentious subjects: Spatial and relational perspectives on refugee mobilizations in Europe / Elias Steinhilper and Ilker Ataç -- Law, presence and refugee claim determination / Nick Gill, Jennifer Allsopp, Andrew Burridge, Melanie Griffiths, Natalia Paszkiewicz, and Rebecca Rotter -- Im/mobility and humanitarian triage / Polly Pallister-Wilkins -- Contradictions and provocations of neoliberal governmentality in the U.S. asylum seeking system / Deirdre Conlon -- Counter-mapping, refugees and asylum borders / Martina Tazzioli and Glenda Garelli -- The sanctuary network: Transnational church activism and refugee protection in Europe^^yanmar / Elaine Lynn-Ee Hoias Index.
- Border walls, shipwrecks in the Mediterranean, separated families at the border, island detention camps: migration is at the centre of contemporary political and academic debates. This ground-breaking Handbook offers an exciting and original analysis of critical research on themes such as these, drawing on cutting-edge theories from an interdisciplinary and international group of leading scholars. With a focus on spatial analysis and geographical context, this volume highlights a range of theoretical, methodological and regional approaches to migration research, while remaining attuned to the underlying politics that bring critical scholars together. Divided into six thematic sections, including new areas in critical migration research, the book covers the key questions galvanizing migration scholars today, such as issues surrounding refugees and border militarization. Each chapter explores new themes, expanding on core theories to convey fresh insight to contemporary research. A key resource for migration, refugee and border studies this Handbook provides an in-depth analysis of the topic, covering a vast array of research ideas with a specific focus on the geographical aspects of migration. Scholars working on migration, refugees, asylum, transnationalism, humanitarianism and borders will find this an invaluable read.
- Migration (sao)
- Kulturgeografi (sao)
- Emigration and immigration. (LCSH)
- Human geography. (LCSH)
- Emigration and immigration. (fast)
- Human geography. (fast)
- Anthropogeografie. (gnd)
- Internationale Migration. (gnd)
- Flüchtling. (gnd)
- Emigration and immigration (LCSH)
- Human geography (LCSH)
- 304.8 (DDC)
- Ojc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 3 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favoritAnge som favorit
Uppsala universitetsbibliotek, Ekonomikums bibliotek (Ue)Ange som favorit
Utlånad?Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: 304.8 Handbook