The Kurdish Šāhnāma and its literary and religious implications / Behrooz Chaman Ara.
Chaman Ara, Behrooz, 1980/81- (författare)
Verk som ingår i eller hör samman med denna titel
- Ferdawsi, Abu al-Qasim: Shāhnāmah. Urval.
- ISBN 1511523492
- Publicerad: Charleston, SC : CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 
- Copyright: ©2015
- Engelska x, 343 pages
- The Kurdish Shanama and its Literary and Religious Implications, as the result of a long-time fieldwork in the cultural spans of Zagros, focuses on the newly survived epic-heroic narratives known as Razm-nama, Jang-nama or Shanama. In this work, the author draws attention to the existence of an unexpectedly rich epic-heroic tradition in literary Gurani (a composite idiom used in the Zagros regions) and strongly suggest that this tradition is largely independent of the Ferdowsi's Shahnama but has many common features with other works of the Sistani cycle of epics and the Persian Naqqali tradition. This work addresses the structural and contextual similarities and differences between this tradition and its counterparts in Persian literature, and subsequently proposes a new understanding of the term Shahnama and the term Xwadaynamag. In this work, Chaman Ara challenges the common understandings of the concept of Gurani, and presents analysis and descriptions of some linguistic features of the theory of the Gurani literary language.
- Kurdisk litteratur (sao)
- Gurani literature -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Kurdish literature -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Folk poetry, Kurdish -- Iran -- History and criticism. (LCSH)
- Kurdisk litteratur -- historia (sao)
- Kurdish literature (LCSH)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Academic theses. (lcgft)
- PK6996.G675 (LCC)
- 891.5511 (DDC)
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit