Decision making in police enquiries and critical incidents : what really works? / Mark Roycroft, Jason Roach, editors.
Roycroft, Mark (redaktör/utgivare)
Roach, Jason, 1969- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 9781349958467
- Publicerad: London : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xv, 168 pages
Serie: Palgrave pivot
- Why understanding police investigative decision making is important / Mark Roycroft -- History of decision-making / Mark Roycroft -- Good practice solving factors / Mark Roycroft -- Innate reasoning and critical incident decision-making / Robin Bryant -- How a major incident room operates and the management of critical incidents Ex DCI Harland N Yorks Police / Adam Harland -- 'The making of an expert detective' - a European perspective : comparing decision-making in Norway and UK / Ivar Fahsing -- The task is greater than the title : professionalising the role of the Senior Investigating Officer in homicide investigations / Declan Donnelly and Adrian West -- The retrospective detective : cognitive bias and the cold case investigation / Jason Roach -- Conclusions / Mark Roycroft.
- "This book examines how the police make decisions in real life situations, particularly in major enquiries. The two key themes explored are real-time decision making along with what 'works' in such circumstances. It aims to set out how successful decisions are arrived at in a variety of difficult and time-constrained situations and discusses the lessons that can be learnt from this. Written by practitioners and academics, the book explores a range of topics, from the decision making process involved operational matters and in difficult-so-solve murder enquiries. It not only examines decision making but also how experienced decision makers function. It looks at the psychology of police decision making, decision making involved in cold case investigations, and discusses the need for 'grip' during major investigations. The contributors are experienced and respected practitioners and academics This book will appeal particularly to those studying Policing and Criminology and also to Investigating Officers and those involved in professionalising investigative practice.
- Brottsutredning (sao)
- Poliser (sao)
- Criminal investigation. (LCSH)
- Police -- Decision making. (LCSH)
- Law enforcement -- Sociological aspects. (LCSH)
- Criminal investigation. (fast)
- Police -- Decision making. (fast)
- Beslutsfattande -- psykologiska aspekter (sao)
- Criminal investigation (LCSH)
- Police (LCSH)
- HV8073 (LCC)
- 363.23 (DDC)
- Oepb (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit