Rethinking irregular migration : causes, course, consequences and corrective measures / Seedy Drammeh.
Drammeh, Seedy (author.)
- ISBN 9983960168
- Publicerad: The Gambia : CENMEDRA - the Centre for Media and Development Research in Africa, 2018
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska xv, 136 pages
- Machine generated contents note: 1. The Root Causes of `Back-Way' Migration -- 2. Poverty and Remittances as Factors Responsible for Migration -- 3. The Mediterranean Sea Crossing and Loss of Lives -- 4. Migrants' Contribution to Host and Sending Countries -- 5. Youth Need Entrepreneurial Development to Stop `Back-Way' Migration -- 6. Studying & Working in the UK -- 7. Challenges with the Decision to Return Home from Europe.
- "This book examines the causes of irregular migration, with particular focus on the mass movement of Gambian youth and youth from other parts of the world. These youth risk the journey across the dangerous desert to the Mediterranean Sea with the aim of reaching the West. Investigation shows that poor economic and bad political situations in many developing countries, together with the uncontrollable unemployment rate among the youth combined with insecurity are the root causes. Conversely, the book proposes good governance characterised by equitable distribution of resources as the antidote to the prevalence of this mass movement."
- Emigration and immigration. (fast)
- Gambia -- Emigration and immigration. (LCSH)
- Gambia. (fast)
- JV9023.5 (LCC)
- 304.8/6651 (DDC)
- Ojc (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit