Critical essays on Twin Peaks: the return / Antonio Sanna, editor.
Sanna, Antonio, 1978- (redaktör/utgivare)
- ISBN 3030047970
- Publicerad: [Cham, Switzerland] : Palgrave Macmillan, 
- Copyright: ©2019
- Engelska xv, 302 pages
- Chapter 1. Entering the World of Twin Peaks / Antonio Sanna -- Chapter 2. Is It Happening Again? Twin Peaks and ‘The Return’ of History / Matthew Ellis, Tyler Theus -- Chapter 3. Extraterrestrial Intelligences in the Atomic Age: Exploring the Rhetorical Function of Aliens and the ‘Alien’ in the Twin Peaks Universe / Elizabeth Lowry -- Chapter 4. Lucy Finally Understands How Cellphones Work: Ambiguous Digital Technologies in Twin Peaks: The Return and Its Fan Communities / Jeffrey Fallis, T. Kyle King -- Chapter 5. ‘The Owls Are Not What They Meme’: Making Sense of Twin Peaks with Internet Memes / Brigid Cherry -- Chapter 6. ‘Is It About the Bunny? No, It’s Not About the Bunny!’: David Lynch’s Fandom and Trolling of Peak TV Audiences / David McAvoy -- Chapter 7. ‘Between Two Mysteries’: Intermediacy in Twin Peaks: The Return / Thomas Britt -- Chapter 8. ‘My Log Has a Message for You,’ or, Vibrant Matter and Twin Peaks: On Thing-Power and Subjectivity / Anthony Ballas -- Chapter 9. ‘Here’s to the Pie That Saved Your Life, Dougie’: The Weird Realism of Twin Peaks / Ryan Coogan -- Chapter 10. Movement in the Box: The Production of Surreal Social Space and the Alienated Body / Joel Hawkes -- Chapter 11. How Mark Frost’s Twin Peaks Books Clarify and Confound the Nature of Reality / Donald McCarthy -- Chapter 12. Copy of a Copy of a Copy: Theorizing the Triplicity of Self and Otherness in Season Three of Twin Peaks / Kwasu David Tembo -- Chapter 13. From Lost Highway to Twin Peaks: Representations of Trauma and Transformation in Lynch’s Late Works / Timothy William Galow -- Chapter 14. Kafka’s Crime Film: Twin Peaks—The Return and the Brotherhood of Lynch and Kafka / Adam Daniel -- Chapter 15. Who Is the Dreamer? / Cam Cobb, Michael K. Potter -- Chapter 16. Is It the Wind in the Tall Trees or Just the Distant Buzz of Electricity?: Sound and Music as Portent in Twin Peaks’ Season Three / Andrew T. Burt -- Chapter 17. ‘Listen to the Sounds’: Sound and Storytelling in Twin Peaks: The Return / Kingsley Marshall, Rupert Loydell -- Chapter 18. ‘I’ll Point You to a Better Time/A Safer Place to Be’: Music, Nostalgia and Estrangement in Twin Peaks: The Return / David Sweeney.
- "This edited collection offers an interdisciplinary study of Twin Peaks: The Return, the third season of a TV program that has attracted the attention (and appreciation) of spectators, fans, and critics for over two decades. The book takes readers into several distinct areas and addresses the different approaches and the range of topics invited by the multidimensionality of the subject itself: the philosophical, the artistic, the socio-cultural, and the personal. The eighteen chapters constituting the volume are academic in their approach to the subject and in their methodology, whether they apply a historical, psychoanalytical, film studies, or gender studies perspective to the text under examination.The variety and range of perspectives in these aforementioned chapters reflect the belief that a study of the full complexity of Twin Peaks: The Return, as well as a timely assessment of the critical importance of the program, requires both an interdisciplinary perspective and the fusion of different intellectual approaches across genres. The chapters demonstrate a collective awareness of the TV series as a fundamental milestone in contemporary culture." -- back cover.
- TV-serier, USA (sfit)
- Criticism, interpretation, etc. (fast)
- Lynch, David, 1946-
- Twin Peaks (Television program) -- History and criticism.
- Twin Peaks (Television program)
- Twin peaks (US, David Lynch, 2017-)
- Twin peaks (US, David Lynch & others, 1990-1991)
- PN1992.77.T88 (LCC)
- 791.4572 (DDC)
- Bub (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 2 bibliotek. Ange som favorit
Ange som favorit
Svenska filminstitutets bibliotek (Sfi)Ange som favorit
Bibliotekets lokala katalog
Öppettider, adress m.m.
Placering: C1A Twin Peaks CRITICAL