Karel Martens and the architecture of the journal / [editors, Véronique Patteeuw, Bart Decroos, Marius Schwarz].
Martens, Karel (designer.)
Patteeuw, Véronique (editor.)
Decroos, Bart (editor.)
Schwarz, Marius (editor , designer.)
- ISBN 9789462084315
- Publicerad: 2018
- Publicerad: Rotterdam : Nai010 publishers, 2018.
- Copyright: ©2018
- Engelska 271 pages
Serie: Oase, 0169-6238 ; 100
- The 100th issue of OASE takes the journal's long-standing collaboration with its graphic designer Karel Martens as a starting point to explore the relationship between architecture journals and graphic design. In doing so, it challenges the conventional idea that architecture journals are mere carriers of information, showing instead how these journals play a defining role in the message they convey. Adhering to Marshall McLuhan's famous maxim "the medium is the message," it considers the graphic space of the journal, its materiality, its production, and the physical experience of reading. Within this context, the 100th issue of OASE zooms in on the relationship between architecture journals and graphic design, starting with a historical overview before considering the specific history of OASE and the practice of its own graphic designer. The aim is to provide an insight into the close and mutually enriching relationship between the graphic design of an architecture journal and the production of architectural knowledge.
- Book design -- Netherlands. (LCSH)
- Graphic arts -- Netherlands. (LCSH)
- Architecture -- Periodicals. (LCSH)
- Martens, Karel.
- Martens, Karel -- Interviews.
- NA680 (LCC)
- 724.6 (DDC)
- Ic.5 (kssb/8 (machine generated))
Titeln finns på 1 bibliotek. Ange som favorit